Missing Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[OPEN] Out in the Corner in the Pouring Rain

2 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

[OPEN] Out in the Corner in the Pouring Rain - Page 3 Empty Re: [OPEN] Out in the Corner in the Pouring Rain

Post by Pearce Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:35 am

The tune reproduced in her mind after Shane accompanied her with a part of the lyrics, and it struck her that she just now remembered how to play it. But it was kind of late, so instead she growled and told him.

"Agh, I just remembered how to play that one"

It was weird she forgot, it was actually one of her favorites. But there was nothing she could do now. Oh well.

Ada realized it was the same time she found someone of her age that had similar taste in music. That made her consider the possiblility of befriending him a but more.
Pearce
Pearce
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

[OPEN] Out in the Corner in the Pouring Rain - Page 3 Empty Re: [OPEN] Out in the Corner in the Pouring Rain

Post by kyubbifox9 Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:54 am

Shane couldn't help letting out a chuckle and smiling when she heard her growl. He figured she wanted to play it now that she remembered it and waved his hand as he said

"Relax, I'm sure if we start that music club we can remember a few more classics off the white album...though i may be a little rough round the edges when it comes to playing."

He laughed once more as he glanced up her, his piano skills couldn't match her guitar but it might not sound half bad. He wouldn't deny that this was his first friendship started by music instead of jokes, not to say he didn't like it. That music was one his sister forced him to listen to all the time, and he didn't mind one bit.

kyubbifox9
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pearce Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:05 pm

A music club? She really never thought about it, the idea of belonging in a club wasn't part of her initial plans in the Academy, basically because she felt it was time consuming, but then thought about how she lacked of something to do other than spending time in the gym and thought that it might be a good idea.

"Hm? What can you play?"

She turned to him, kind of surprised he knew how to play an instrument. Though she didn't know if he was talking serioudly about the music club. Knowing him, he was probably joking.
Pearce
Pearce
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by kyubbifox9 Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:38 am

Shane smiled a bit nervously at her while rubbing the back of his head.

"I kinda know how to keep a rhythm with drums. But I really enjoy piano, had a few lessons but that was a uh while ago, so I'm probably like really really rusty."

Drums were lessons from his parents while the piano was from his sister, which made it a lot easier and enjoyable for him to remember, though he didn't do it often it might be nice. He had a ton of free time on his hands and if it got to hang out with a cool person and help him with a personal issue, he'd be even crazier than usual not to try it.

kyubbifox9
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pearce Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:36 am

Ada thought that since she had dominated her guitar skills, and Shane kind of knew how to play the piano and drums, so it was an even amount of skill. The best way to help him keep up with his music skills was to just start practicing, starting by the basics.

"Well, I'm sure you will remember everything by practicing for two hours each. From there, it'll be like you've been playing your entire life"

Of course, there was nothing she could help him with on that aspect, given she didn't know how to play either of them. But still, the events of that day gave her some motivation to improve.

Last edited by Pearce on Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Pearce
Pearce
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by kyubbifox9 Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:00 am

"Four hours for music...hmmm well it'd probably help me think up some jokes, could end being a regular melodramatic comedian.Thanks for the advice, I think I'll follow through with it, if I can't keep up with the four hours then I'll least keep up the piano's two."

Shane chuckled at the plethora of acts and performances popping into his head, before having to shake his head to bring himself back to reality. In all seriousness, he'd attempt it, as it gave him something to do plus a second thought quickly popped into his head.

"Though if I do get good enough at drums and get our hands on a bassist, we could cover a lot more songs."

kyubbifox9
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pearce Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:58 am

Turns out he wasn't joking. But really, a minority of the best songs of all time consist of only guitar and/or piano and still were succesful, considering the person who sings them enoughly skilled. Though if they wanted to take it seriously they would have to find someone else.

"Indeed. But that is if we want to go pro. Otherwise, I think that having a music club it's just a hobby. Besides, if there is one, the other students will take interest on us without having to move a finger"

Her life was slowly, but surely, starting to grow more interesting.
Pearce
Pearce
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by kyubbifox9 Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:13 am

"Oh I can see it now, us going pro and being on stage...think the audience would like me throwing the leg into the crowd? It'd make for an interesting souvenir."

He laughed at the thought, he'd certainly make an interesting musician if that did happen.

"Well course first things first, we can see bout getting the club started or finding if it already exists and is just empty."

He was obviously excited, having never thought the choice of Tachibana would lead to this different life, but thankful nonetheless that he had said yes.

"At the very least, I think this'll be a lotta fun."

kyubbifox9
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pearce Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:45 am

Ada shook her head at his comment thinking about what would she do. Probably throwing herself from the stage no matter if they catch her or not, because she wouldn't feel the hit. So far, she hadn't heard of any music club in the school so they probably had to go through all the work to get the approval. But as he said it was possible there was already one and was just abandoned.

"Yeah, it is definitely the most interesting thing that happened thus far in my school life" other than moving to Toronto.

Ada thought they should start making plans for their first encounter after school. She could afford buying an electric guitar to take to the music room, besides the acoustic one that was already there. And it seemed the right time, because they just arrived at the building. Ada set the bags down and laid on the wall with her arms crossed.

"Alright, give me a couple of days. I want to buy an electric guitar before we start. Besides, me and Jimm- I mean a friend of mine accorded to go to the city. Then I guess we'll see what we can do. Is that ok with you?" she then thought that telling him about her shopping trip with Jimmy was unnecesary, but let it slide sice there was nothing she could do now.

Last edited by Pearce on Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pearce
Pearce
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by kyubbifox9 Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:18 am

Shane didn't even bother to hide the breath he released as he placed the bags down and rubbed the slightly sore red rings on his arms. His arms must have been microsoft cause he had red rings of soreness on them. He snickered at his joke while also listening to her suggestion, ignoring the 'jimm' comment, if she didn't want to talk bout him he was cool.

"Sure, in the meantime, I'll ask some of the faculty about the club registration and such, hopefully find it's just empty and we can take over. Oh and if ya see any cool little electric pianos send me a message alright?"

He patted his jacket pockets after his suggestions before lighting up as he pulled out the two soda cans he had bought, and held one out to her.

"How bout a toast to the new and improved music club?"

kyubbifox9
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pearce Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:29 pm

Ada nodded. It hit her that they still haven't traded phone numbers, but it was not an issue. If she saw any nice electric keyboards she would just buy them and give it as a present. Besides, money was not an issue for her, so there was absolutely no problem at all. Ada took the soda can from his hand, cleaned it with her shirt and opened it in her first try. Then she raised it slightly.

"Cheers"

Without waiting, she took the first drink. Ada thought that since she would probably bring him a keyboard, the soda was more than paid back. If not, then she just paid it next time and no more problems.
Pearce
Pearce
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by kyubbifox9 Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:25 pm

"Cheers"

Shane cheered with a grin after quickly popping open and raising the can to hers. He was more than slightly thankful that his can hadn't blown up cause of the fast opening, before taking a chug of it. He took a few drinks before the problem she had already realized came to him.

"Oh uh to get ahold of me wanna use the phone or do you have like that account thing?"

He was still kind of new to the school, and didn't really know how the "Missing Page" site or if everyone had one.

kyubbifox9
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pearce Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:00 pm

So after Shane also realized it, she thought that maybe communicating by both seemed correct, in case one of them isn't possible. Ada took out her smartphone, tapped at the 'New contact' option and handed it to him before taking a sip of her soda.

"Here. Type your number. Also type mine on your phone"

And unless Shane had a weird name in the Missing Page, finding him would be relatively easy, just searching for his name on the school circle and done.
Pearce
Pearce
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by kyubbifox9 Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:15 pm

Shane took another drink of his before typing his name and number into the contact. He pulled out his own smartphone from one of his jacket's pockets, and flipped through before typing hers into it

"Alright there ya go, and if ya need anything I'm free pretty much all the time, so just call or text"

And that was pretty much true, hell he still had a messed up sleep schedule and was used to being dragged out at midnight or later to hang out.

kyubbifox9
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pearce Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:53 am

Ada nodded, grabbed her phone from Shane and returned it to her pocket, content with just looking at the sky in silence and taking occasional chugs. She thought about what would her family and her old friend would tell her about this change. She sighed and finished the remaining soda by darting her head backwards in a quick movement, then threw the can in one of the bags.

"Ok, I can go by myself now. Appreciate the help"

Ada collected the bags, four on her forearms and the rest on her hands. She pulled a key and opened the door, stepping into a lightened hallway that had an elevator on the background. As she was walking, she said farewell without looking back.

"Take care"
Pearce
Pearce
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3