Missing Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

{OPEN} A New Song

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

{OPEN} A New Song Empty {OPEN} A New Song

Post by Mizo Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:09 am

Mizo's first day in a new place, it also happened to be his new school too.
All of his things had been delivered to his room but he wasn't really in the mood to unpack yet, so he decided he'd treat himself to a tour of the grounds.
Not having an idea where he was going he decided that the best way to learn the lay of the land was to get a bit lost. He wandered halls, peaked in doors, meandered across a few lawns, in and out of a couple of buildings (or was it the same building? he wasn't sure.).
Eventually he found the music room.

"I'll be spending a bit of time here for sure."

He said aloud to himself on account of no one else being around. He turned the handle to the door and to his surprise it opened right up. Turning on the light as he entered the room he took a look around. As he figured there were some of the larger instruments that aren't easily carried, that included his favorite the Piano. Without even closing the door behind him he walked straight over to where the upright piano sat against one wall. It was simple, but elegant in it's own way. It was a new model too. Mizo knew he had to get his fingers on it. Before sitting down to play he opened the blinds and slid the window open part way, fresh air helped him think.
Stepping back over to the piano he took a seat on the bench, it better padding than he'd expected. Stretching his arms he worked his fingers as he limbered them up and then brought them back in front of him, hands at the ready. He put his fingers to the keys and started to play one of the songs he'd recently really been enjoying.
As he played he could almost envision the music taking a physical form as it drifted around the room and out the window. When Mizo started to play he would go in to a sort of musical trance, almost oblivious to everything else around him.
Mizo
Mizo

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCB0SW5Aa68-UcEBGtWF1gsQ

Back to top Go down

{OPEN} A New Song Empty Re: {OPEN} A New Song

Post by Caroline G. Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:24 am

There was music escaping from the door of the music room, which really shouldn’t come as a surprise, that was the point of a music room, right ? Somehow, Caroline had expected the place to be empty, like most rooms she had seen since the beginning of today’s exploration. It was already her third day at this school and yet she still managed to find new rooms when she was exploring.
She was wearing her “Funny day” outfit, which meant a long blue jean and a customized shirt, figuring a video game character – GLaDOS from Portal – singing “Do you want to build a chamber test ?” on a black background.

To be fair though, she was looking for this one since she had heard there was a music room. She didn’t know why exactly, certainly not to dance because, well… the wheelchair would have prevented that. And she didn’t sing one song since the accident. The simplest explanation would probably be that she was bored already and just wanted to know every part of the school before the start of the year.

However, there was clearly a problem : someone was in there. If the music wasn’t already giving it away, as soon as she came closer, she saw that the door wasn’t even closed. From outside, she could recognize the melody and the instrument. A piano, no doubt. Maybe someone was listening to something, or maybe even playing, if there was a piano in there. She wasn’t sure she should enter, as she didn’t want to interrupt anything. Luckily, today, she used her wheelchair on automatic – no need for her arms – which made it a lot less noisy. She could enter without being spotted, right ?
Slowly, she pushed the door and managed to enter the room without hitting anything with her wheelchair, which wasn’t such a victory in this school, since clearly the door had been meant to be easily manageable for people in wheelchairs.

There was someone in there. A teenager just like her, sitting at the piano, so he was probably the one playing. Caroline needed a few seconds more to see that he was indeed the one, his fingers moving on the keyboard as the music went. The French girl didn’t want to interrupt, so she just stood there, slightly turning her wheelchair so she could look around the whole room. There were instruments sitting there, waiting to be played with, probably the biggest and heaviest of the school, which couldn’t be moved easily.
Caroline kindly waited for the end of the music. Then decided that maybe she shouldn’t stand there waiting to be seen. Quietly, almost like she didn’t want to break some kind of atmosphere, she said.

Hi. Sorry. Didn’t want to interrupt.

Last edited by Caroline G. on Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Caroline G.
Caroline G.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mizo Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:41 pm

Due to the way the piano was situated in the room it put the door on his left so he hadn't noticed someone else enter the room.

Caroline G. wrote:Hi. Sorry. Didn’t want to interrupt.

"It appears I have an audience." He thought to himself.

"It's quite alright, the important thing is did you enjoy my song?"
Mizo asked as he turned so he could put a face with the soft voice. Upon seeing the girl who'd entered he could tell right away that she was rather tall, regardless of the fact that she was sitting. He also made a note of the Portal t-shirt the girl was wearing.

"I'm Zee by the way. That's an awesome shirt."
Mizo
Mizo

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline G. Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:27 pm

When the boy turned to face her, she couldn't help but see his eye. The one that was scarred anyway. It was white, almost grey, looking at her like any normal eye would do, only she was almost sure that this one couldn't see her. The other, however, was apparently okay, focusing on her as the boy was talking to her. Apart from that, he seemed pretty normal. He was probably younger than her, judging by his height. He was wearing a pretty simple jacket and his hair was a mess, intentionally or not. A normal teenager, she would have said, if it wasn't for the eye.
Like her, he didn't have the chance of hiding his “problem”, he was forced to show it for the world to see. Well, it was okay, she supposed. Yeah, she couldn't imagine what it was like to see with only one eye, but it didn't disfigured him. Girls could love a scar on a face, right ? She had no idea, but she supposed that it was okay on him.

The french girl smiled to him nonetheless, he answered quite gently after all and probably deserved a good smile, right ? For a second, she thought he was looking right at her chest – which would also be normal for a guy but still not very polite – but then he made the comment about her shirt. Genuine or a clever way to hide his look ? She decided to go with the first option.

Thanks. It's a drawing from a friend of mine, I made the joke. I'm Caroline by the way. Nice to meet you.

Though she spoke a fine English, she still had a strong french accent that she had no idea how to hide. She didn't care much, though.

And yeah, the music was quite alright. I don't think I knew it already, what was it ?

Last edited by Caroline G. on Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Caroline G.
Caroline G.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mizo Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:49 pm

Mizo returned the smile

"Pleased to meet you Caroline. As for the song, it's one of my newest favorites. It's called "My Friend the Yellowtail" It has a nice piano section at the start and end but I adapted the whole thing for piano with a little help from a guy I used to jam with back at my old school."

Mizo turned and looked back at the keys again as he began to play again this time the song a bit more recognizable, "Still Alive". As he played he continued the conversation.

"So how about you Caroline? Do you play any instruments?"
He asked as his smile got a little bigger, he always loved playing music from video games. It always put him in a good mood.
Mizo
Mizo

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline G. Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:23 pm

“My friend the Yellowtail.” She never heard of that one. It was quite good, from what she had heard. Apparently, Zee was quite a proficient musician. Probably a member of a band or something. For her part, she never did quite that, although she sang a lot. There wasn't a lot of band like this in her previous school and she never tried anything. There was a music club, but it was very focused on instruments and not too much on voices. So, it was really boring after a while, but there was this girl with the guitar...
Shaking her head to get out of her memories, she answered quickly.

Well, the adaptation sounds pretty cool so I guess it's a success.

He then turned around to play again, for a second she wondered if he was being rude but then she easily recognized the tone. Unconsciously, she started to tap the rythme on the arms of her chair.
The french girl heard his question and smiled softly. She could answer that quite easily, but woud she dear ? It has been a long time since she hadn't sing, but this one song, she knew it perfectly. Her voice was soft and always ended up pretty well with GlaDOS singing. But, it has been so long.

Not really, actually...

She waited a few seconds, to find the good moment and then opened her mouth again.

Aperture Science !
We do what we must
Because we can
For the good of all of us
Except the ones who are dead

But there's no sense crying over
every mistake

She kept on going for a few moments, her voice strangley stronger than she had expected. She wasn't so bad after all. Plus, when she was singing, her accent almost entirely disappeard, only to reappear when she talked again.

Sorry. I hadn't practiced for a while.

Although, she was still smiling.
Caroline G.
Caroline G.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mizo Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:41 am

"Could have fooled me. Sounds to me like your voice IS your instrument. "
Mizo replied as he reached the end of the song.
He turned to face Caroline again so that he once again see her.

"So I gotta ask, got any requests?"

Mizo
Mizo

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline G. Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:06 am

Caroline smiled, not really proudly. That was one of the few things she didn’t like to brag about, even as a joke. She was pretty good though, no point denying that, but still she could be better. Her voice wasn’t a gift, it was the result of a lot of work. Work she did only because she enjoyed that. Still, she didn’t want to take too much pride in that. Especially now. She didn’t even got to the end of the song, because she was afraid her voice would break before. It has been too long since the last time.

Well, I guess you could say that.

She shut her mouth until he was done with the tone and turned to her. The French girl shrugged before turning her wheelchair around to take a look at the whole room.

Nah. Just play what you want. I’ll just… look around, see what is there. I’m guessing there is a music club, not sure yet I want to take part in this.
Caroline G.
Caroline G.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mizo Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:04 am

Taking the invitation to play whatever Mizo started to play "My Friend the Yellowtail" again. However he only got part way before he had to stop. He hadn't done as much walking as he usually did and as a result his bad leg was kinda getting to him.

"That was a nice little warm up but I think I need to stretch the rest of me a bit."
He said as he stood up and began to wander around the room. He tried to hide his limp but it was no good, he knew it was obvious. Between all the travel he'd done over the last couple of days and the difference in altitude from his home town it had resulted in his bad leg getting a little more stiff than normal.
Mizo
Mizo

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline G. Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:33 am

He started the song from earlier again, Caroline didn’t mind, it was a nice tone too. She couldn’t sing on it of course, but it was nice to hear. She was taking a look at a violin when the music stopped. Instinctively, she turned to Zee to check on him, but he simply stood up from the piano.

The young woman looked at him for a few seconds, but it was more than enough to realize that his stretching was probably not without reason. He was limping. So, he had a total of two problems. That and his eyes, unlucky boy.
Their looks crossed and Caroline stopped instantly to look at his legs. Rude, yes. She still needed some time to completely understand how to react in a school like this. He probably didn’t want to talk about that, so she played it off, as usual, by joking.

Yeah, do that. I’ll accompany you but…” She said, stretching only her arms. “I don’t have much to do.

She laughed slowly and turned around in her wheelchair, looking for another instrument.

So, do you only play Piano or do you have other talents ? Not that you played badly, of course. I’m just curious.
Caroline G.
Caroline G.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mizo Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:35 pm

Caroline G. wrote:

Yeah, do that. I’ll accompany you but…” She said, stretching only her arms. “I don’t have much to do.

She laughed slowly and turned around in her wheelchair, looking for another instrument.

Mizo couldn't help but let out a small chuckle
"What ever works for you, right?"

Caroline G. wrote:So, do you only play Piano or do you have other talents ? Not that you played badly, of course. I’m just curious.”[/justify]

Mizo pondered that for a second. What would he consider other talents? He had pretty awesome hair, but that came pretty naturally. He had a pretty good fashion sense, when WASN'T video game t-shirts relevant?! ("Wait, am I being snarky with myself?")

"Well I've wrote a couple of songs, I don't know if they're any good though I've never played them for anyone before. Oh, I'm also pretty darn good at Donkey Kong Country."
saying that last part with a joking grin.
Mizo
Mizo

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline G. Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:44 pm

Well, at least he had a sense of humor. Not that Caroline would have acted differently otherwise, she wasn't one to not joke about herself, especially not now. But it was still fun to see someone chuckle to it.
She listened carefully to what he said, but when the name "Donkey Kong" was mentioned, the wheelchair turned so quickly that it screeched painfully into the music room, like a very very bad instrument.

"Really ?" she squinted. "I'm pretty sure that I can kick your ass anytime, young man."

She almost sounded threatening like this. Donkey Kong had been her whole childhood, one of the first games she ever played and mastered, she had like 3 copies of the original trilogy. So, of course, she had played the new one until exhaustion.

"So, you wanna try your songs on me or play, I mean lose, to Donkey Kong ?"

Then she added with an evil smile.

"Or nothing, I'll understand if you're afraid."
Caroline G.
Caroline G.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mizo Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:08 pm

He'd apparently said the right thing, and possibly found a new gaming buddy in the process who also happened to be a retro gaming fan too.

"Is that a challenge?! Well never let it be said that Mizo Richards turned down a challenge at any SNES game. It is quite literally on like Donkey Kong!"
He answered with smile.
Mizo
Mizo

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline G. Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:19 pm

The young woman started to laugh mockingly, clearly disinterested in the music room. She rolled toward Mizo and stopped two meters away from him, still squinting.

"That's not a challenge, that's a warning. I wouldn't want to see you humiliated after what you'll go through... Mizo, heh ?"

She was smiling. It maybe wasn't the best approach to someone, but it was a new school, she had all the time in the world to figure out how to act. Plus, they were probably both new to all of this, new friendships tended to be forged easily and quickly at the start of a school year.

"I do hope you took your SNES with you here, though. I couldn't choose which console take so I just took a laptop with a emulators, but it's not the same."

To be fair, she also brought one of the next gen console and the laptop was also here to allow her to write and simply have fun on internet, but still, she also got numerous emulators installed on the damn thing.
Caroline G.
Caroline G.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mizo Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:35 pm

He'd just realized that he'd used his full name instead of his nickname, not that he minded really.

"Well in that case I suppose I'll have to watch my step then. I did bring my SNES, but all of my stuff is still in boxes, I haven't unpacked much yet."
He said still smiling

"You know Caroline,I have a feeling we're gonna be friends."
Mizo
Mizo

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline G. Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:43 pm

"Oh really ? You just arrived or you're using a poor excuse to not fight me just yet ?" she grinned.

She was an awful person when it came to competition, but she had learn to laugh at it just as the rest of her personality.
Laughing at his affirmation, she nodded. It was impossible to deny. They were at school, he knew Portal, he knew Donkey Dong, and he had humor. Life lasting friendships had been mad on less than that. Quickly, she extended her arms to offer her hand to shake.

"I get the feeling too. Caroline Garrand, since you gave me your full name."

She smiled widly.

"So, you prefer to be called Zee or Mizo ? And you're new to this school too ? I came here a few days ago, still too early, apparently."
Caroline G.
Caroline G.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mizo Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:02 pm

"I'm pretty new, just got in last night."
Mizo said as he accepted the hand shake

"I like to go by Zee, my nickname is...special to me. Plus it saves me having to go by my weird first name. I guess that's what happens when one of your parents is Japanese.
Mizo
Mizo

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline G. Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:12 pm

Oh, so she was already the eldest here, kind of. She was the responsible one, maybe she could ask him if he wanted her to show him the school. She still hadn't finished exploring the whole thing though, essentially because she was spending her mornings and evenings playing games.

"Welcome here then. I see you found your room of interest pretty quickly, you're lucky. I ended up at the library first, not that it was bad."

She chuckled.

"Alright Zee, I think both are just fine. Although "Zee" kinda sound like my old me trying to pronounce "The" when I started learning English."

Caroline couldn't help but laugh a little, it seemed so long ago now. Her accent was the absolute worst, now it was just okay and she pronounced "the" correctly, at least.

"Half-japanese ? Is that why you're so small ?" she said, her grin enough to make him understand it was a joke. "And yeah, I know I should talk when I'm stuck at half my size because of that thing. Plus, you're not really that small. I'm just used to make that kind of joke with people I call friend. Did I tell you that by shaking my hand, you basically sold your soul to a demon ?"
Caroline G.
Caroline G.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mizo Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:34 pm

He liked her sense of humor, just one more reason the two would get along.

"It's good to joke with friends, and I suppose I could have sold my soul to worse. Like evil space aliens or Wal*Mart."

Mizo turned and looked out the window for a moment. It was a nice day out but also still a little warm. He unzipped his track jacket and took it off, underneath he was wearing a blue t-shirt with a kind of Super Mario Bros. 3 style Megaman and Protoman and the words "Super Mega Bros." across the top.

"It sounds to me, unless I'm wrong, that you've already been here a few days at least. If you already know your way around I wouldn't mind a guide. This place is easy to get lost in, I may already be actually."
Mizo
Mizo

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline G. Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:03 pm

Alright good, he hasn't reacted badly to any of her jokes for now. Good points. She would've felt awful for at least a day if she had managed to alienate another schoolmates only three days after her arrival.

"Oh, you just say that because you don't me that well, yet."

She grinned evily, but that didn't last long as she saw his shirt.

"Nice one too."

Oh. He wants a guide. Well, she was fucked. Laughing shortly, she turned her eyes back to his face, smiling.

"Well, to be honest. I'm here for like three days so... I started exploring but haven't finished yet. Though I might help you a bit but don't expect me to know where is everything. I spotted all the bathrooms, though, which is good."
Caroline G.
Caroline G.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mizo Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:20 pm

He replied quickly to the compliment on his own shirt
"Oh, thanks. It was either this or my shirt that simply reads "Pop Culture Reference."

He laughed a little at the bathroom fact then said .

"Well that is a good thing to know. I guess as it is then we could explore together if you don't mind the company. That way if we get lost at least we won't be lost alone, right?"

His smile more warm than joking this time.
Mizo
Mizo

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline G. Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:27 pm

Oh, the simple text was actually a pretty good idea. She should have bough something along those line. Caroline noted the idea in a corner of her head, before smiling in respond.

"Well... I'll guess you could say that when you aren't alone, you're never really lost." She said, then chuckled to cancel any gravity in her sentence. "Plus, we'll have four eyes to look around and find our ways... Uh. I mean."

She tried to laughed it off, she had forgotten about his eye.

"Also, I sometime explore with another friend of mine. I'm sure she would like you, too, if you don't mind her being with us, sometimes."
Caroline G.
Caroline G.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mizo Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:13 am

Caroline G. wrote:"Well... I'll guess you could say that when you aren't alone, you're never really lost." She said, then chuckled to cancel any gravity in her sentence. "Plus, we'll have four eyes to look around and find our ways... Uh. I mean."

She tried to laughed it off, she had forgotten about his eye.

Mizo wasn't bothered by her choice of phrasing.
"It's alright, I get what you're saying

Caroline G. wrote:"Also, I sometime explore with another friend of mine. I'm sure she would like you, too, if you don't mind her being with us, sometimes."

"It doesn't bother me at all, the more the merrier or so they say."
Mizo
Mizo

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline G. Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:25 am

Well, that was a relief. She had a real talent to blow things up on a regular basis. On the plus side, it meant that she had not focused on his eyes at all, since she completely forgot about the obvious scar. Caroline had no idea if she should be proud of this or not, was it good to not notice others students' disabilities ? Would she be able to completely forgot all that after a while in this school ? Somehow, she knew that it wasn't going to be as easy for people to forget her own. She was sitting in a wheelchair, you can't just ignore that.

It probably wans't a good idea to continu on that subject, so she dropped it and smiled at his answer about Ellie. She wanted to meet a boyfriend right ? He was maybe a little too old for her, but she couldn't say that Caroline didn't bring her boys anymore. And she only needed three days to do so, she was just that good.

"Good. I would have been very angry if not."

She turned toward the door with her wheelchair.

"So, do you have anything else to do in that room ? I don't think I've missed anything."
Caroline G.
Caroline G.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mizo Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:39 am

"There is one last thing."

He said as he stepped over and closed the window he opened earlier.

"Don't wanna go leaving that open. OK, I'm pretty sure I'm done here too."

He waited for Caroline to exit first before turning the lights back off and pulling the door closed behind them.

"Alright then,where to from here?"
Mizo
Mizo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next