Missing Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[FINISHED] A Little Colder

3 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

[FINISHED] A Little Colder Empty [FINISHED] A Little Colder

Post by Pearce Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:11 am

Ada had spent her entire time in Toronto exploring the city and buying the essential things for her apartment in Yamaku Plaza, such as groceries. On this day she simply decided to take a walk around school to familiarize with it. Since she'll spend here the rest of high school, exploring was a good idea, taking advantage that classes haven't started yet a quiet walk could do good.

After exploring a good part of it, Ada started to feel sleepy, she had spent the whole day walking and the humid weather wasn't helping. Locating a bench in the gardens, she began reading the newspaper from the city in the sports section. Soon after, the need to sleep won and she laid down, covering her face with the newspaper while getting her tall figure comfortable in the small bench, resulting in a position made for a homeless old man with her leg and arm hanging in the air and the other arm resting on top of her belly.

Minutes later, she unwillingly began talking on her sleep, more like singing

"She plays with all the children, she rips off their hearts, she eats them with tomatoes, how kind of her..."

Last edited by Pearce on Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Pearce
Pearce
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

[FINISHED] A Little Colder Empty Re: [FINISHED] A Little Colder

Post by Jimmy Cohen Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:43 am

Since his first day at Tachibana Academy, Jimmy walked through the gardens to cool down after his workouts almost constantly. It was pleasant, and, for the time being, quiet, giving him an opportunity to reflect upon himself and everything that had happened to him. He walked through the gardens daily, letting his mind wander and basking in the summer's warmth. This time, however, he was caught off guard by a muscular young woman asleep on a bench. Jimmy thought it best to leave her be, but then she sang something rather odd to herself. Jimmy jumped slightly, not expecting to hear anything, much less the strange proclamation from the girl.

"Uh, ok..." He said, pausing in confusion.

Jimmy Cohen
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline G. Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:10 am

Another day, another round of exploring. Though, to be fair, it wasn’t much exploring anymore, it was more like wandering around the school in the hope of finding something to do. So yeah, maybe, just maybe, going to Toronto this early wasn’t exactly a good idea. Maybe she could’ve come a week later and still have time to get to know her school and everything. The thing is, for Caroline, staying a week more in France meant staying a week more at her parents’ and that was a strict and complete no. As a result, she was stuck here, which, in all honesty, wasn’t all that bad. Sure, she had very little to do, except for exploring the school alone – or with Ellie – and playing in her chamber alone. She was lucky to have her laptop here.
But on the other hand, the school was kind of awesome. She was always amazed to discover that every places, everywhere, had been designed to satisfy every disabilities. The gardens were especially cool, beautiful and yet adapted. The alley were large, like really large, large enough for two wheelchairs to cross paths and not bump into each other. The French girl didn’t had much time to get used to her condition in Paris, but she had already noted how not-adapted to her most places were. This school was awesome.

Since the gardens were clearly the nicest place for now, because it wasn’t winter yet, it was usually where Caroline ended up when she was bored of her games. Sometimes she was alone, sometimes with Ellie or one of the other few people she had met in the school. Today, she was alone and bored. Which meant : casual clothing, which translated into a jean, voluntarily ripped on her right legs, above the knee, and a black shirt, figuring Batman from a series of game. He was punching a thug into an electric generator and the words “Rule N°1 : No Killing” were written in red on the scene.

During her walk – which wasn’t exactly a walk but you get the idea – she encountered a strange sight. A girl, apparently, laying on a bench with a newspaper covering her face. In all honesty, it looked like a hobo, but after approaching a little, the French girl was pretty sure it wasn’t that. She rolled toward the bench, curious, and noted that she probably wasn’t the only one. She crossed path with a guy, near the bench, who was probably as surprised as her by the sight. Gently, she waved at him, before signing him to not make any noise by putting her index on her lips. The young woman on the bench was asleep, apparently.

And then, she sang. The guy almost jumped and if Caroline still had her legs, she would have probably done the same. Both turned toward the girl and she chuckled. That was a weird song. Caroline’s eyes were passing from the sleeping woman to the boy, she hesitated for a second. Maybe the best was just to not bother anyone and keep going. Or maybe… Eh. Fuck it.
She poked slightly on the woman’s shoulder.

Eh. Sorry. Is everything okay ?

I should really stop apologizing like that every time I meet someone, she thought. It had only been a week since she got in Toronto, she wasn’t a Canadian yet.
Her big grey eyes were focusing on the other girl with maybe a spark of worry.
Caroline G.
Caroline G.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pearce Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:51 pm

In her dream, Ada was entering a room, gun in hand, ready for the worse. Horrible. That murderer killed a complete family, even the children and the dog; her characteristic way of killing by ripping off their body parts of them. While crossing, a hand tapped her shoulder

She woke up suddenly punching the air and shouting

"I'M GONNA KILL YOU MOTHERF-!"

Knowing she wasn't there anymore, she let out a sigh and a shrug.
Pearce
Pearce
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Cohen Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:11 pm

Jimmy flinched as the young woman on the bench punched the air and yelled.
"Ah, Jesus!" He exclaimed in shock.

He regained his composure before approaching the bench.
"Calm down, everything's ok..." He said, in a soothing tone of voice. He'd learned how to handle these sorts of situations from his mother's anxiety attacks.

Jimmy Cohen
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline G. Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:22 pm

The boy didn't answer to her waving of the hand, but Caroline didn't mention it. Maybe he was blind instead of rude.

If Caroline still had legs, she would most likely have jumped in surprise, but she was stuck in her wheelchair. Though, the shock made her go back so quickly that she might have just roll for a few meters if she hadn't had the reflex of blocking immediatly her wheelchair. The result was little jump of her torso, like she had hit a bump.

"Damn !" she said, her hand grabbing her chest as if her heart was going out of it.

She was still worried, but the other girl seemed to calm down pretty quickly, shrugging and sighing. Caroline looked at her with more intensité now that she was awake and that the newspaper wasn't covering her face. She really seemed unintereste, even by her own nightmare.

"Well, we're lucky no one here has a heart condition." she said, hoping it was true. "Sorry about waking you up like this, I had no idea. I shouldn't have done that."

Alright, it was time to be nice enough to be forgiven. Caroline had her weapon for that, she just smiled, bowing slightly her head in the most adorable way. She hadn't tested it since the wheelchair, so maybe she'll get a bonus for that.
Caroline G.
Caroline G.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Cohen Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:39 pm

Jimmy turned to the wheelchair-bound girl.
"Let's hope not, eh?"

He laughed softly.
"Biggest jumpscare I've ever had, that's for sure. Have you ever heard of the phrase 'let sleeping dogs lie'?"

Jimmy Cohen
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pearce Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:14 pm

After calming down, Ada stretched her arms and head, resulting in a loud crack. Then she noticed two people standing next to her-well, only one- as the girl with the batman shirt was on a wheelchair. She had a french accent when she spoke

"My bad, sorry"

Ada rubbed her eyelids to take the rest of the sleep away as she spoke

"And I'm not a dog, if you're trying to say that. Do you see me peeing all around to mark my territory?"
Ada entered into her typical talking, sarcastic yet without means of aggression
Pearce
Pearce
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline G. Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:27 pm

Caroline chuckled. Yeah, her joke could have turned horribly if one of them was actually affected of such a disease, but she hadn't thought of that before saying it. She had always been like that. Only, before the accident, it was with long-time friends so she was actually almost always certain of what she could joke about and what she could not. Now, she had jumped into a cripples-filled school, with her own wheelchair, the whole situation was a joke in the waiting.

She couldn't help but wince at the loud "crack" of the girl's neck, but it was quickly forgotten as she found herself staring at her arms and shoulders. Now that the not-hobo girl was stretching. She was quite muscular, actually - not too much according to Caroline - and the tatoo on her shoulder was quite... interesting. Wasn't she too young to got one of those ?
The sleeping girl also had humor apparently, either that or she didn't understand the concept of metaphor or idiom, but she didn't sound like it. Caroline chuckled again and smiled widly to her.

"I'm sure it would be quite a show, but I'm not sure the school would enjoy that very much."

She then stretched her arms, presenting her hand to shake.

"Sorry to wake you up again, I'm Caroline." she said, smiling. "So, if you do not pee, how do you mark your territory ?"
Caroline G.
Caroline G.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pearce Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:15 pm

Caroline had her hand on the air, Ada spoke while standing up

"Pearce. Ada Pearce"

She shook the other girl's hand one time in a firm grip

"To mark my teritory, I am a rude creep. I said once to the typical idiot guy who likes to use women when he tried to hit me in my place 'If you ever become the last soda in the desert, let me tell you I prefer apple juice'."

A creep psychopath-like smile formed on Ada's face when recalling the memories

"You should've seen that guy's face when I knocked him out a-and after he woke up he was tied on a chair while I hammered his finger and then with a drill I..."
Pearce
Pearce
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline G. Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:26 pm

Damn, she was strong. Caroline looked pathetically at her hands as Ada crushing it with her tight grip, ok maybe crushing was too strong but still, that girl had strenght. She also had a weird sense of humor, which was both fascinating and creepy. The french girl couldn't help but stare curiously, her head slightly tilting on the right.
Was she being serious or... ?

In any case, Caroline decided to follow her in the crazy, laughing before putting her hand in the air, palm opened.

"Woh-oh ! Calm down, you're turning me on, that's uncomfortable."

She kept a wide grin on her face to assure both Ada and the guy that she was just joking.

"The poor guy. First tied to a chair, I can barely imagine the horror. Then used by a girl, that must be absolutely horrifying."
Caroline G.
Caroline G.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Cohen Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:39 pm

Jimmy shook his head, having absolutely no idea what the hell was going on. If the interaction was genuine, he'd just encountered the two most psychopathic individuals to ever grace the face of the Earth. If Ada was telling a tall tale in an attempt to impress either one of them, he had a feeling she was going about it the wrong way. He decided they were probably joking, and decided to join in.
"What are you talking about? That's, like, my number one fantasy." He said with a laugh.

"I'm Jimmy, by the way."

Jimmy Cohen
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pearce Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:47 pm

Just when Caroline intervened, Ada realized how weird she was being, telling her torturing tastes when someone threatened people. She makes a mental note to not think in the past when talking to people.

Did she just said tied to a chair? Well, I'm not going to answer that part, I may step into a minefield or something Ada thought while she tried to go back to the neutral demeanour.
Just then the other guy spoke

"Well, would you like to live without your index and middle fingers if that happened, Jimmy? That guy could never touch another girl in her privacy without their will."
She chuckled at her own comment

"Let's just say he missed two days of school after coming to my house, I'll leave it at that"

Pearce
Pearce
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline G. Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:11 pm

Alright, they guy had jumped on the crazy-wagon too, which meant either the three of them were crazy, or none of them. Caroline would have voted for the second option but she couldn't know for sure.
She mimiced a shiver as Ada mentioned the loss of two fingers.

"Those are the worst. Maybe with the thumb. But still, horrible fate."

Still eager to be polite, if she couldn't be funny, Caroline stretched her arms toward the guy.

"Nice to meet you, Jimmy."

Then, she turned back to Ada again. For now, she hadn't really intentified both of those guys. Jimmy hadn't talked much but he seemed okay with most kind of humor. Ada was going from crazy to really fun, while still being kind of impressive. It actually made Caroline more and more curious, which - people tends to learn that fast - was never a good thing.

"Alright, Miss. You won : I'm impressed. I surrender !"

She kind of overplayed her french accent on those last two words, but that was probably expected of her.
Caroline G.
Caroline G.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Cohen Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:21 pm

"Well, to tell you the truth, Ada, touching girls against their will ain't exactly my kinda thing."

Just then, Caroline greeted him. He took her hand and shook it in return.
"Pleasure to meet you too, Caroline."

Jimmy Cohen
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pearce Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:41 pm

"Yeah, probably I should've cut those too, but that would be excessive"

Well, good thing they were the only ones in the gardens. Otherwise, they would probably be sent to the psych ward or even the madhouse

"Miss? Pff, no thanks, call me by my name. You make me feel older than what I really am, I am only seventeen"

She tilted her head forward to whisper loud enough for both of them to hear while pointing her finger at her tattoo

"So if someone else asks, this is temporary"
Pearce
Pearce
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline G. Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:52 pm

Caroline raised both her hands in the air, smiling.

"As you miss Ada." She teased. "Alright, just Ada. Noted."

Of course. That wasn't a very legal tatoo, she should've expected that from someone that young. Not that she disapproaved, if Ada wanted to try that, it was her problem. Plus, the tattoo wasn't ugly nor threatening, it was just tribal.
Caroline squinted her eyes and approached her head of Ada's arm, like she was trying to see something.

"What do you mean ? I don't see anything worth mentioning on your arm.... Except those muscle, damn. And I do hope they aren't temporary... for you, of course."
Caroline G.
Caroline G.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pearce Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:34 pm

"Well thank you, that's nice of you to say"

Ada was actually trying to show her tattoo, not her arm. But it seems that Caroline simply doesn't care. Not that she minded.
Speaking of which...

"Ugh, I've got to do something, does this school has a gym?"

If she can save money it's worth the shot
Pearce
Pearce
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Cohen Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:13 pm

Ada's question gave Jimmy the perfect opportunity to be of some use.
"Yeah it does. I just got out of it, as a matter of fact. It's over there, ground floor. You can't miss it. Everything's nice and new by look of it."

Jimmy Cohen
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pearce Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:46 am

Maybe It'll be hard to find it, since this school is so big. But hey, it's in the first floor. Not too far right? Ada thought

"OK, thanks, I'll get going"
She began walking where Jimmy pointed as she spoke, showing her natural self

"Take care of yourselves, don't step out into the city past midnight and if you do, don't go alone. Avoid the alleyways at all cost"

After taking a good distance, Ada raised a hand, still focused on walking

"Seeyas"
Heh, I don't say this often, but I like those guys. Maybe because they're the first ones of my age that talk to me, but still...
With that, Ada disappeared into the rest of the Academy
Pearce
Pearce
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline G. Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:43 am

"No problem." Caroline winked. "I won't tell anything about a tattoo."

She wanted to see the gym, which shouldn't be a surprise, considering her athletic yet feminine figure. If she was new to this, it was probably the first thing she wanted to visit or something. The young woman could have shown her since she alread had seen the gym, not that she was going to spend a lot of her time in it herself, but it was still nice to know where it was.

Neither Jimmy nor Caroline had a lot of time before the girl was already out of sight, she walked quite quickly. Maybe the french girl could have tried to follow, especially with her wheelchair, but it didn't seem very useful at the time.

"See you !" She simply answered, smiling.

She waved then turned around to face the boy, she hadn't been very attentive to him for a moment. He also had a muscular figure, probably an athlete too, tanned so probably not from here. Or he just came back from vacation, how would she know.

"Well that was... something." Caroline chuckled.
Caroline G.
Caroline G.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Cohen Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:51 am

And with that, Ada left about as quickly as she'd awoken, with some hurried goodbyes. And what the hell was with that last warning?
"Uh, bye, I guess..." Jimmy said, far too late for her to be able to hear it.

Then Caroline seemed to turn her attention to him. Jimmy laughed
"Yeah, I'll say. 'Something' is definitely a good way of describing what that was."

Jimmy Cohen
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline G. Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:17 am

"Well, I'm sure we'll both avoid all the alleways as for now." She chuckled.

Caroline drived her chair around the bench with the pressing of a finger, but didn't completely dropped the conversation.

"It was nice to meet people though. She was fun, I wonder what kind of sport she's into."

Now that she thought of it, this girl didn't seem to have any disability, apart from the "screaming about killing someone in her dream" part. Did she had something ? Jimmy didn't seem to have anything either. Caroline looked at him in this new light, not especially suspicious but curious. Had she met two of the few person in that school that weren't cursed at all ?
Caroline G.
Caroline G.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Cohen Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:25 am

"Hey, if there's any chance of showing up and removing my fingers, I'll definitely be avoiding the alleyways." Jimmy joked.

"Yeah, totally. Hell if I know what sport she's into. From that build, she could be a boxer, or maybe an MMA enthusiast. I don't know, that would be my guess anyways. But enough about her, tell me about yourself, Caroline. What do you enjoy?" He asked.

Jimmy Cohen
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline G. Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:39 am

The sudden change of subject surprised her. It was very... straight-forward. Not that she minded, obviously, she just wasn't expecting it that fast. On the other hand, it was a perfect opportunity to make some very bad cripple joke. And never in hell or heaven would Caroline miss such a thing.

"Well, certainly not sport. Especially now that I have the perfect excuse to be sitting around all day." she laughed.

Facing toward the direction of the gym, she smiled softly.

"I'm probably more of the "spending time on internet and playing" type of girl anyway. You, on the other hand..." she suddenly changed, turning to him. "You seem more inclined to sport than I'll ever be. Am i wrong ?"
Caroline G.
Caroline G.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum