Missing Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bring Your Own Books

2 posters

Go down

Bring Your Own Books Empty Bring Your Own Books

Post by kyubbifox9 Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:43 pm

"No pool but it works" Shane mumbled while putting his bag down on a desk and searching through it. After one too many books almost met a watery demise due to people he walking in when he didn't notice, he decided to use the library as a safer reading spot.
"Sis would've laughed at this, I go into a library with my own books...kinda defeats the purpose"
He had to with hold a snicker at this comment to himself before finally pulling out a small novel and quickly flipping through it, worn cover and spine saying how often it was read. The decision to be balancing his chair on two legs while reading, hadn't seem like a bad at time...til he landed backwards with a flail and yelp.
"School has not started...there is no reason for someone to have heard that and see me with a book on my face" Shane grumbled before suddenly letting out a laugh as he got up "can't seem to keep half of the legs of even a chair on the ground."

kyubbifox9
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Bring Your Own Books Empty Re: Bring Your Own Books

Post by Sora Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:45 pm

("School has not started"
Does that mean that this is really early in the morning, as in there is school on this day but it hasn't started yet?)
Sora
Sora

Back to top Go down

Post by kyubbifox9 Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:02 pm

Yeah, sorry should've been more clear)

kyubbifox9
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sora Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:20 pm

Jordan had woken up a little early today with the nagging feeling that he was forgetting something. Only recently had he figured out what it was - there was a worksheet sitting uselessly in his locker, rather than on his desk in his dorm completed. He had forgotten to take it with him after school yesterday, but maybe if he was quick about getting it now he could get most of it done, and then finish the rest if he had some free time in his classes before it was due-
Jordan paused and turned around, realizing what he had seen as he had walked hurriedly past the library door. He returned to it and looked into the library to see someone in a chair, but with the chair laying down on the ground rather than sitting upright.
He saw the student laugh as he got up, which seemed like a strange reaction to falling over. Jordan looked at the student blankly, confused both as to how this happened and to what the student found funny about it.
Sora
Sora

Back to top Go down

Post by kyubbifox9 Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:28 pm

"Well seems like I'm in the clear-" Shane had paused awkwardly mid sentence when he noticed Jordan outside the room.
"Soooo...I take it you saw my uh hrm face's meeting with the floor?" Shane asked as he nervously scratching the back of his head before putting the chair upright again "least it's the right season for falling."
While he was grinning at his own stupid jokes, he was curious to see how Jordan would react to them or himself for that matter.
"Oh I'm Shane, by the way."

kyubbifox9
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sora Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:41 pm

Partway through the student's first sentence, Jordan looked away and pulled his notepad out of his pocket. Its cover was a deep blue, with a black spiral along the top. He took a blue pen out of the spiral, flipped through a few pages, and wrote a quick message before putting the pen back into the spiral and presenting the notepad:

"Please write."
Sora
Sora

Back to top Go down

Post by kyubbifox9 Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:02 pm

Shane looked over the notebook before blushing out of embarrassment. He took the offered book and wrote a sloppy "sorry I'm Shane, I'm not crazy I swear." He smiled widely at him after handing it back to him.

kyubbifox9
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sora Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:26 pm

Jordan quickly read over the message before writing his response. His handwriting is neat for how quickly he writes, but not especially neat otherwise.

"I am Jordan; I didn't suspect that you were crazy, so you saying you're not crazy when you weren't under suspicion kind of makes you seem more suspicious but I'll believe you anyway
What were you saying before?"

He never liked seeing people talk without being able to know what they were saying. It's something he'd mostly gotten used to, but it still bothered him when somebody said something to or about him.
Sora
Sora

Back to top Go down

Post by kyubbifox9 Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:24 pm

Shane read his message and let out a chuckle at his crazy comment before replying, this time a little cleaner.
"Yeah I see you're point oh and uh what I said..."
Shane tapped the pen against his head before snapping his fingers when it came back to him.
" 'I uh guess you saw my faces meeting with the ground' then I added 'least it's the right season for falling' cause it's uh fall"

kyubbifox9
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sora Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:08 am

"I did see you fall; that's why I stopped here, to see what happened and make sure there was no urgent medical attention needed or anything.
But you seem to be fine. if possibly not entirely sane
Would it still be the right season if I decided to call it autumn instead of fall?"

Jordan returned the notepad.
Sora
Sora

Back to top Go down

Post by kyubbifox9 Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:19 am

"Oh thanks that's actually nice, nah I'm alright I think"
Shane wrote quickly while grinning til he looked up in thought
"Autumn autumn autumn...I'm in a tumn of pain...nah not really"

kyubbifox9
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sora Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:44 pm

Jordan read and re-read a fraction of the message that didn't make sense to him.
"I'm in a tumn of pain"

After a few more seconds of thinking, he circled it, and returned the notepad with a question on it, an arrow pointing from that question to the circled portion.

"I don't think I understand this part"
Sora
Sora

Back to top Go down

Post by kyubbifox9 Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:09 pm

"Like a ton of a pain, cept I tried to use autumn"
Shane wrote down, slightly embarrassed at how that joke. He soon shook it off, figuring that humor probably wasn't the best for the written language before adding to the page
"Hey by the way why are you here? I mean the library not the school because I think I can guess that one and it seemed weird for someone else to be at the library at this time."
He was ready to smack himself if he accidentally insulted Jordan, he seemed alright and he knew how badly some could react to their conditions being pointed out.

kyubbifox9
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sora Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:14 am

The description didn't really help...
Maybe it was a pun?
That would probably make sense. From what Jordan knew, a pun is a clever mix of words that sound similar. Without an understanding of how any words sound, Jordan was rarely able to understand any of said puns.

Jordan paused for a bit upon reading the second portion of the message. Why was he here? Oh, right:

"I was on my way to my locker to get a worksheet that I forgot to do yesterday so I could do some of it before school today. There isn't a lot of time left before school starts now, though."
Sora
Sora

Back to top Go down

Post by kyubbifox9 Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:11 am

"Worksheet..." Shane mumbled to himself as he glanced up in thought before he remembered said assignment, part of the reason he was actually at the library. He took the book and quickly wrote down
"I got my sheet if you want some of the answers, kinda my fault you're not doing it right now."
He passed him the book before going to get his own bag and comic.

kyubbifox9
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sora Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:47 pm

(At this point it would be reasonable for Jordan to leave to get and start on his worksheet. Should he just do that, or do you want to find a way for the thread to keep going?)
Sora
Sora

Back to top Go down

Post by kyubbifox9 Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:36 pm

(I feel I'd probably be pushing my luck if I kept the thread going, thanks for the rp though it was nice to have Shane make an interesting first impression with someone ^^.)

kyubbifox9
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sora Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:06 am

(No problem. Smile )

Jordan thought for a moment before responding -
"I don't really like copying. I'll do what I can myself, thank you though."
Jordan just presented the notepad here rather than handing it off, and once he could see that the student finished reading, he left to finish what he could of the assignment, though he knew it would be late at this point anyway.
Sora
Sora

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum