Missing Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[PRIVATE] First Date

2 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

[PRIVATE] First Date - Page 5 Empty Re: [PRIVATE] First Date

Post by Jimmy Cohen Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:12 pm

"I know. Maybe it'll come up again some other time, I think they take a few things on and off sometimes. If not, we can always scour the internet and find it for another date." Jimmy suggested.

"Uh, I'll take a look, but I doubt..." Jimmy began, trailing off into a series of clicks and keyboard taps before giving up. "Maybe it's there somewhere... But if it is, I have no idea how to find it. Ah, let's just wing it for now." He elaborated, clicking to start the first episode. He was about to move back to the bed, but scrolling over the subtitle and language settings yielded an option that seemed like just what he'd been looking for. "English - Audio Description"

"Oh, hey, they do have it for this. I wouldn't count on it being an option for most things on here, but this show does." He announced, clicking the option happily as a man with a deep, gruff voice described the Netflix and Marvel logos as they appeared. He retreated back to the bed and leaned against the wall behind him, positioning a pillow behind the back of his head for comfort.

"Get yourself comfortable." He invited, grinning.

Jimmy Cohen
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaChess-a-Tron Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:32 pm

"It's okay", Ellie nodded, not really expecting the option to be available anyway. After all, it was a bit redundant - how was a blind person supposed to even operate Netflix, anyway? Putting in a DVD and hitting play, then pushing a button on the remote to change the audio track to one featuring narration was one thing, but operating an online-only service was a different one entirely. However, when her boyfriend confirmed that the series did, in fact, feature an audio description, Ellie perked up. "Wait, seriously?! Holy crap!" she exclaimed, her face beaming as the narrator began describing the logos.

Resting her head on Jimmy's chest, Ellie listened intently as the narrator walked them through the intro of the first episode, where a young Matt Murdock lost his sight. "Wow... This might actually be the greatest date anyone has ever had in the history of the universe. I have no idea how you'll top that, but you better start brainstorming for date #2 soon, Mr. Cohen!" she laughed. She kept quiet right up until the narration mentioned that the scene had transitioned to one featuring adult Matt. "Does he look like Ben Affleck?" the girl asked, glancing up at Jimmy.
MegaChess-a-Tron
MegaChess-a-Tron
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Cohen Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:29 pm

"Heh, no pressure though, right?" He said with a nervous chuckle. He really did want to impress Ellie in the second round, but that was much more easily said than done, especially given how this one had gone. "I'm just glad you're enjoying it as much as I am."

"I wouldn't be the man to ask about that. Even the mighty Ben Affleck isn't immune to my lack of facial recognition." Jimmy answered, laughing.

Jimmy Cohen
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaChess-a-Tron Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:44 pm

"Oh, come on, you can't even tell apart celebrities' faces? I am mightily disappointed!" Ellie chuckled, nuzzling up even more comfortably into Jimmy's chest. "Now shush, I wanna listen! This is actually pretty good!"

And listen, she did. The girl expressed outrage about the fact that Daredevil was now wearing a black costume as opposed to a red one... even if she had long forgotten what "red" or "black" were truly like as colors. She cheered during the first fight scene, her vivid imagination transforming the narrator's words into a fight that paled in comparison with the already impressive stunts. And then, when Matt and Foggy took over their first case, she quieted down a bit. It probably wouldn't take Jimmy too long to figure out why - Ellie had fallen asleep on his chest.
MegaChess-a-Tron
MegaChess-a-Tron
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Cohen Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:35 pm

Jimmy grinned when he saw that Ellie had fallen asleep, he didn't think he'd be able to outlast her. But he was fighting to keep his eyes open, and the show was still playing through the TV. But with Ellie nestled squarely on his chest, he didn't want to disturb her, switching the TV off with the remote and placing it out of the way. He was completely sideways on the bed, feet dangling off the end and totally freezing, save for the warmth that Ellie's body radiated. He sat up ever so slightly, repositioned his pillow where it should have gone and all but dropped on top of it, but did so at a slow and controlled pace, so as not to wake her up. Then, he pulled the duvet over both of them, and gently shifted Ellie to where she should have been be laying. It didn't take too much longer for Jimmy to fall asleep himself.

Jimmy Cohen
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaChess-a-Tron Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:52 pm

Ellie rarely went to sleep without having a good cry first. It was standard fare for someone who was as frequently miserable as her. She didn't know if it was her depression, or her loneliness, or her disability, or a good combination of all of them, but her pillow was almost never dry by the time she was asleep. Still, that night, despite losing her possessions, the young girl went to sleep happy. And not only happy - she was optimistic about the future, hopeful, even. Hope was something she hadn't allowed herself to have, all things considered. Her plan for life was to complete her list of things to do before dying, do every single one of them, and then, well, die. But even after just one date, Jimmy had given her hope that maybe, just maybe, she could have something more than that.

When the first rays of sunshine touched her face, Ellie shot upwards, her eyes moving around as if she was looking all over. "Late! For school!" she exclaimed. A moment later, she realized two things - that it was Sunday, and that she wasn't alone. Placing a hand over her mouth, she turned towards where she felt Jimmy was lying, trying to deduce if he was awake. "Sorry!" she whispered just in case she'd woken him up.
MegaChess-a-Tron
MegaChess-a-Tron
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Cohen Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:09 pm

Jimmy snapped upright as soon as Ellie exclaimed, shocked awake immediately. Then, he looked around. It was barely even morning by his standards. He groaned and flopped back onto the bed.
"What kind of ungodly hour is this?" He mumbled lazily.

Jimmy Cohen
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaChess-a-Tron Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:17 am

"Um... About seven or eight?" the girl guessed, but in reality, without her braille clock she was completely lost when it came to time. Sadly, unlike her favorite superhero she couldn't just smell the air and deduce the time down to the minute based on that. "I'm sorry, I'm just... Not used to not waking up without an alarm. Go back to sleep", she spoke to Jimmy, gently leaning forward and giving her boyfriend a peck on the cheek.
MegaChess-a-Tron
MegaChess-a-Tron
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Cohen Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:09 pm

"In case you hadn't figured it out, I'm not much of a morning person." Jimmy said groggily.

He rubbed his eyes and hauled himself upright.
"Don't worry about it, I'm up now." He assured warmly, his voice still sleepy and gravelly. "Do you want a drink or anything?"

Jimmy Cohen
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaChess-a-Tron Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:52 pm

Biting her lip and suddenly feeling pretty bad about having awakened Jimmy, Ellie shook her head. "No, no, it's okay. Go back to sleep. I should probably get going, anyway. I'm gonna hit up my bestie, borrow some clothes from her and make some kind of pathetic attempt to find my bag", Ellie spoke before making some kind of pathetic attempt to step over Jimmy and leave the bed. She was going to have to go back to Caroline's room barefoot, there was no helping it, but at the very least she could put on her dress from last night in order to retain some of her dignity. Silently going to the bathroom, the girl closed the door behind her and took off the T-shirt, carefully placing it aside and retrieving her dress, which needed a good ironing, but was otherwise good enough to take her to the girls' dorm. A few moments later, she popped out of the bathroom holding the front of the dress close to her body. "Um... Can you zip me up?" she awkwardly asked her boyfriend, turning around.
MegaChess-a-Tron
MegaChess-a-Tron
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Cohen Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:44 pm

"Come on, Ellie, I'm up now. At least let me help you search for your bag, your friend won't know where we went last night." Jimmy protested stubbornly as he hurriedly threw on a t-shirt and half-fumbled into a pair of jeans.

"I'm sure you want some time to yourself to collect your thoughts and spend time with your friend and all, but I can't just leave you to wander around Toronto looking for your bag on your own." He said as he zipped the back of her dress up. Jimmy then turned Ellie to face him and softly pressed his lips to hers.

Jimmy Cohen
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaChess-a-Tron Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:02 pm

Ellie sighed quetly. Jimmy did have a point. When you tried to find something, being able to see was your most important skill... which, coincidentally, was the one thing Ellie lacked. Sure, she could always drag Caroline out, but trying to find the exact spot was definitely going to be next to impossible.

"Okay, fine... You're right", she sighed, pouting cutely. Her pout quickly disappeared when she felt her boyfriend's lips to hers, her small arms wrapping up around Jimmy's neck as if to further reinforce the kiss for a second before letting him go. "And for the record, there's no one I'd rather spend time with than you", she smiled.
MegaChess-a-Tron
MegaChess-a-Tron
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Cohen Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:45 pm

As he pulled away from his girlfriend he muttered under his breath. "I should kiss you more often."

"Do you want to go and see about borrowing some shoes from your friend first, or something?" Jimmy asked. He didn't imagine Ellie's dainty feet being able to fit into his fairly large pairs of trainers without them looking like clown shoes.

"Glad to hear it. But I know you have things you might need to do. If you'd rather do them with me, that's great, but if you want to do them alone or with someone else, I totally understand." He said. He wanted to be sure he wasn't clingy with her, scaring her off was the last thing he wanted.

Jimmy Cohen
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaChess-a-Tron Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:14 pm

"You shoud", she confirmed quietly, leaning in to steal one more quick kiss before pulling back. When Jimmy brought up shoes, Ellie nodded. "Yes, I was... planning to do that", she nodded, but from her voice it was pretty clear that she wasn't fooling anyone. Caroline was older than Ellie and was also larger in stature, so chances were that most of her shoes wouldn't match, but hey, it was worth a shot, right? Worst case scenario, maybe Caroline had some glue they could use to temporarily fix Ellie's broken shoes.

The young girl appreciated Jimmy's attempts to not appear clingy, but honestly, they were somewhat uncalled for, considering that she'd been the clingiest little thing throughout the evening, going as far as to bring up marriage and children on their first date which, even as a joke, was a big no-no in the dating rulebook. "Jimmy, one thing you've got to know about being with me is that you don't ever have to play it safe. I sure don't!" The young girl exclaimed as she placed a hand on his chest. "I'm gonna go see my friend, and I'll meet you outside the dorms in, say, half an hour?" she suggested.
MegaChess-a-Tron
MegaChess-a-Tron
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Cohen Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:29 pm

Jimmy chuckled at Ellie's response to his suggestion after being momentarily taken aback by the quick peck Ellie had stolen off him.
"Great minds and all that jazz, eh?"

"I know, I just... I don't have a complete measure for you yet. I know you have things to do, and you seemed pretty eager to take off just then, I just wanted you to know that I would understand if you're the type of person that wants to just knuckle down and get your things in order alone. I hope you don't, but I get that we can't spend every minute of our lives together, but hopefully a good section of them." He replied, trying to explain where he was coming from.

"Sure, sounds like a plan to me."

Jimmy Cohen
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaChess-a-Tron Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:17 pm

"Awesome! See you in a bit!" she grinned before snapping her fingers and pointing in Jimmy's direction, as if to say "See what I did there?" After that, Ellie quietly felt her way to the door before exiting the dorm room. Thankfully, the male and female dorms were mirror images of each other, so it wasn't too hard for her to make her way to Caroline's room.

When Jimmy left the dorm, he would find his girlfriend looking quite different. Her dress had been replaced by a combination of jeans and a T-shirt, and her feet were adorned with black ballet flats. The flats and jeans appeared to be roughly her size, but the T-shirt was definitely a size too big. Still, somehow this look suited her, especially in combination with her new hairstyle - a ponytail. "Hey!" Ellie waves as soon as she smelled Jimmy's familiar scent. "Ready to go?" she asked, extending her hand in order to let her boyfriend know that she needed to hold onto him.
MegaChess-a-Tron
MegaChess-a-Tron
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Cohen Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:19 pm

Jimmy chuckled softly as Ellie made her exit. Once she was gone, he took to his guitar, sitting in the floor of his room and strumming away softly as he struggled to make something flow with the few chords he could remember off of the top of his head, keeping track of the time all the way through. It took him exactly 15 minutes before he gave up and put the guitar away, mildly frustrated. He shut down his laptop, which he'd left running as he'd fallen asleep with Ellie last night, and made some sense out of his bedraggled hair in the bathroom briefly before he took off to meet his girlfriend again.

When Ellie emerged from the girls' dorms, Jimmy barely recognised her. Or rather, he didn't. He knew it was her, from the way she carried herself, her voice, the energetic wave, the cute smile. There were plenty of other ways of recognising someone than a face, and Jimmy knew this. However, that didn't usually help him as much as he would have liked it to. But feeling whatever it was he felt towards Ellie made him see those distinctive things in a way that belonged completely to her.
"Hey!" Jimmy responded, taking her outstretched hand in his.

"Ready when you are." He added.

Jimmy Cohen
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5