Missing Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ada Pearce

2 posters

Go down

Ada Pearce Empty Ada Pearce

Post by Pearce Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:11 am

World: PRIME

Name: Ada Pearce

Position: Student (11th Grade)

Appearance: 5'11, white skin, dark brown almost black eyes, long loose dark hair and female muscular build, her breasts are normal-sized. Doesn`t like skirts or any females' uniform, so males' is her school wear. Casual clothes are a black undershirt, military boots and urban camouflage military jeans. There`s a tribal tattoo on her right shoulder and always wears driving gloves. On cold days, she simply wears an extra gray sweater over her undershirt and a black scarf, occasionally the scarf covering her face.

Backstory: Originary from Quebec, Ada is the daughter of an incredibly wealthy family and has always been surrounded by commodities, that doesn`t mean she can`t survive alone.
At the age of three, after the first near death experience caused by a simple stomach bacteria, she was diagnosed with a strange ailing named congenital analgesia, which eliminates the body`s reactions to pain, including diseases, cuts and hits. Her small family reacted towards this disease as normal as a fever.
People with this ailing tend to live short lives without cautions. Due to this, her childhood popularity was based on the constant play of rough sports in school (such as American football, her favorite sport and hobby), involvement in fights due to her former aggressive behavior and her immunity to pain, but also the continued visits to the doctor to preempt any disease. As the doctor once said to her "You may not feel pain, but that doesn`t mean you can`t die".
Her family was only formed by her mother, her father and herself. With no uncles or siblings to worry about and dead grandparents, the thought of losing someone was almost foreign, but losing herself was a very nice way to understand death with at least one near experience every year. Her father was a workaholic, so Ada didn't developed a proper relationship with him; commonly he would take her mother and her to his workplace to do the things he was too 'refined' to do, so even though she was grateful he brought the money to the house, she always thought his father was a jerk. Given this, she had no time for other things besides school, accompanying her dad and watching TV or doing homework once they arrived home at night.
Her acquaintances have always thought of her as a weird girl, given her taste of clothes, hobbies and strange personality, but that didn`t preempt them from loving her as a normal child. Her "strange personality" is the hard effort she has to do to express her feelings and strange sarcastic-and sometimes non sexual sadistic- talking, earned after fighting and torturing school style a small group of boys that gossiped about her family.
She spent her entire elementary school and junior high school going to a school where only male students attended, rule that was changed once her father intervened, because the school was next to a hospital in case something happened. There she earned her liking for sports and her other manly traditions, like not using deodorant or perfume, dislike of girly stuff, men’s clothing taste and her attitude that made her hard to get along with since she entered at her 6 years old.
She always got along with the guys and the very few girls of her type that entered, but none to remark as a boyfriend, given that her reaction was always unknown to the guys who had a crush on her. Even though, she was never a person made for having a lot of friends that went over the classification of “schoolmates”. It was hard for her to make, and even harder to keep. But the friend she will always remember is Angela Roberts, her former best friend at 6th grade and also the girl who turned her aggressive behavior into one of protection to the people she cares; they formed a cliché relationship where Ada always messed up and Angela always fixed her problems. They never separated, even after Ada's departure to Toronto, where they still talk from time to time on the phone of online.
The life with her parents was complicated at first, when her interest in sports, working out in the gym and tendency to fights showed up as a result of the many years spent between men, they always tried to take her back to "normality" whenever she wasn`t in school. With time, it was accepted there was nothing they could do to change her, so they supported her as the only child she was.
At the age of fourteen, she witnessed how a man in a motorbike shot one of the wheels of a car with a six year old girl inside, making it crash; when she checked out the car, the driver and the girl were dead. She wasn`t traumatized, but Ada thought "Someone you love could end up fighting for his life at any moment, and I`m going not going to let that happen". This event originated an obsession for vigilance and protection of everyone that surrounded her, be a known person or not. Combined this with her talking, physical form and protective nature, it's better to not harm anyone when you're close to her.
The rest of her childhood and young teen age were marked by the loneliness she ignored with her small obsession, so Ada simply sat on a bench for hours watching the crowded place she is at in case something happens. With constant medical attention because of her ailing, she survived to her late sixteen.
That`s when her father died of natural causes. She wasn`t pained for his death because he was on his old days and saw it coming; plus her opinion on him still remained. But the family`s medic left and her mother was desperate for finding a solution. After many hesitating, her mother sent her to Tachibana Academy in Toronto. Ada still remembers her words before leaving home
"Wishes change nothing, decisions change everything"
It took Ada a bit of time to accept the fact of her moving, but she knows how to take care of herself.
Before the plane, she visited an old school friend, who was a clandestine tattooist who lived in an apartment in floor two of a building to get her characteristic shoulder tattoo. He tried to steal from her luggage while she wasn`t looking; when Ada caught him, they both fought until she knocked him out of the window, he didn`t die, but surely he had to spent at least three months in the hospital; Ada stole a gray sweater and a black scarf, she tied it around to cover her face. When she left the building, there was an ambulance and a police car already in the scene. Ada ran away pretending a panic attack, attracting the police’s attention, resulting in a chase throughout the streets. She managed to lose them in an alleyway and thankfully the police didn`t had her face in the computers since it was covered, so the bus trip went without trouble. She still keeps the clothes she "borrowed" as a reminder of her home.
She currently lives in Toronto in an apartment block near the school (Yamaku Plaza) without trouble, since she was capable of cleaning and cooking without blowing herself up and with the remaining of the huge family`s money sent to her every two weeks to her credit card, her only interest is school, and survival of everyone.

Powers: -

Personality: By nature, Ada hardly shows her feelings with facial expressions or voice changes, no matter who is she talking to. Her vocabulary doesn`t vary on the person she talks to, being a sadistic-sarcastic talking, but without means of aggression. Also, commonly loses herself while doing an activity until she`s done.
Her hobbies are american football and the american league, many have described her as 'the girl that will never fall in love'. She is interested in keeping a good physical shape and developing strength to accomplish her life wish more easily and protect everyone around; given this, Ada spends her free time on the gym, but also in her home chilling. Ada knows how to play the guitar, but she is not enthusiastic about it since it was an ability her father forced her to learn.
Ada`s life wish is on selecting a simple university career and using the remainings of the family`s money to join a university in the US where to join a football team and that way be drafted into the NFL. Her only fear is herself, since she could be dying at any moment without warning.

Last edited by Pearce on Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:10 am; edited 5 times in total
Pearce
Pearce
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Ada Pearce Empty Re: Ada Pearce

Post by Raiden Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:23 am

Definitely an interesting profile, but there are certain things that could be improved, in my opinion. For example:

1. First and foremost, I believe the profile can be expanded. I like that you've added a lot of events to her backstory, not all of which are connected to her condition, but I also don't really feel like I know her too much as a person. Sure, you mention her liking to play football, but what else did she like to do during her childhood? Where did her love for sports come from? There is absolutely no mention of her love for reading and writing in her backstory. Did she have any friends during her childhood? What was her relationship with Angela other than "protective"? I feel like you can add a whole lot more details about her life that aren't just a rundown of events.
2. The car crash she witnessed. You specify that it didn't really affect her all that much, and it wasn't related to her in any way aside from the fact that she saw it, so... What's the point of it? As it stands now, it just seems like something gritty that happened because she needs something to angst about. Personally, I would change it and make it have more of an impact on her (not necessarily "traumatizing" her, but affecting her in some way), or I would remove it entirely.
3. You actually can't get a tattoo if you're underage, at least not without parental consent, and even then most artists wouldn't do it, as young people aren't expected to take proper care of their tattoo, and they may grow to dislike it soon. I'm not saying that it's utterly impossible for her to have gotten tattoos, but I believe there's certainly room for a story here. Be creative!
4. I noticed quite a few typos and sentences that could be reworded to sound better. Usually proofreading is Mootking's speciality, as I don't really care if there's a couple of typos as long as the profile is good, but I'd advise you to give it another look and see what you can find and fix. Perhaps give it to a friend to read and see what they can find, if you can't see any mistakes.
5. If she's 17 then that'd put her in grade 11. I should really write an ages to grades guide for people who are not familiar with that system.

Make sure to let me know when you've done the edits I requested and I'll take another look!
Raiden
Raiden
Admin

https://missingpages.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Raiden Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:36 am

Alright, I can definitely see some progress here! Only a few more things before I can give my approval:

1) As I said earlier, I'd really like to know more about her childhood - what are her hobbies besides American football, did she have any friends when she was little or was she always a hard person to get along with, that kind of thing. Also, where did that sadistic/sarcastic personality come from, anyway? You mention that it's her time in an all-boys school that formed her, in a way, but not all boys are sadistic and sarcastic, so how come she turned out that way? Did she ever bully anyone before deciding to change and become a protector instead? What did her sadism consist of, exactly?
2. What happened to Angela after Ada moved? Do the girls still keep in contact, or are they no longer friends? If the latter, why?
3. Why did she feel almost nothing when her father died? You mention that she never had any other family besides her parents, and not too many friends, so I assume her father was one of the people she was closest to. Not really feeling sad about his death is pretty unnatural. Was he abusive or aloof? Or is she just a sociopath who doesn't care about other people all that much?
4. Why did her mother decide to send her all the way over to Canada? I'm sure there's plenty of schools for disabled people in the US, and Ada clearly wants to study there, so why Toronto? I mean, sure, Tachibana is a pretty great school, but I'm sure there's better ones in the US, and considering that money isn't really a problem, I don't really see why she'd be sent there. I'd advise you to either make her Canadian or give a very good reason as to why her mother decided to send her to Canada instead of to a school that's closer.
5. Typos. I'll have Mootking look over your profile as well, he's way better at spotting typos and grammar/punctuation errors than I am (and besides, he's a native English speaker and I'm not).

Take care of all of these and, unless the additional information you provide creates some kind of big problem, I think you'd be good to go!
Raiden
Raiden
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raiden Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:29 am

You should probably keep in mind that, since she's now from Quebec instead of Chicago, her primary language would probably be French (though it makes sense that she also learned English, considering the fact that she appears to have attended a pretty good school) - 97% of Quebec's population speak French as a first language, after all. I'm sure you already knew this, but since it wasn't mentioned on the forum I thought I'd point it out. Anyway, you've added everything I've asked for, so I see no reason to keep you from roleplaying any longer. Welcome to the forum!
Raiden
Raiden
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down