Missing Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Radcliffe D. Walker

Go down

Radcliffe D. Walker Empty Radcliffe D. Walker

Post by Guest Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:26 pm

World:World POWERS

Name: Radcliffe D. Walker
Alias:

• Storm Viper: Grenadier Form (Battle Name; preferred; sometime shortened to 'Storm Viper'; Comes from Project Storm Viper)
  • Little Harbinger (affectionate nickname given to him by his parents)
  • Chair Demon (By his 'sister', Rachael.)

Race: Cyborg (Originally Human)
Date of Birth: June 28
Birthplace: Toronto, Province of Ontario, Canada
Height: 240cm (7'10.5")
Weight: 550kg (1,212.5 lbs)
Blood type: UNKNOWN Test Solution
Eyes: Red pupils with black sclera
Hair: Black with white streaks

PERSONAL STATUS
Position: Student at Tyler Jacobson Academy
Class: Valiant Class
Hobbies: Reading mystery novels and napping in trees
Dislikes: People who berate others due to their upbringing or power(s).
Catchphrase: "No, I'm not using the Solid Eye..."
Image Song: Electric Eye (Judas Priest Cover) - As I Lay Dying
Storm Viper: Grenadier Form Battle Image Song: Big Blast Sonic - Daisuke Ishiwatari - Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- Original Soundtrack

Appearance:
Radcliffe is massive in stature, standing just less than 8 feet, and has a body which is lean but has muscles bulging out of each and every corner which isn't covered in clothing.  He has spiky black hair which points upwards, possessing white streaks. He wears black goggles on his eyes, something he uses to hide the fact that his eyes don't look human at all. He wears a dark red-coloured sleeveless top underneath a white lab coat with black trim. He wears a pair of camouflage trousers which are coloured different shades of red and a pair of black steel-toed combat boots.

BACKSTORY:

Powers:
His combat prowess matches if not exceeds his reputation in the Labs; his intelligence and Cyborg body not only adding to his collective arsenal, but the fact that he looks huge and slow, this belies the fact he is a lot faster then expected. His main strength, however, lies in his inhuman power, powerful defence and his ability to construct his "Iron 'Nades" quickly, small disk-like grenades, using his gauntlets, that can be timed and have their intensity increased or decreased to suit the purpose they were created for. His ability to sneak around in darkness or infiltrate places is his main staple, making him an espionage field agent, with his goal to work as spy.

Iron ‘Nade – The Iron Grenade. This disk-like explosive is used to destroy whatever it is placed upon. He can create small disks (about five centimetres in diameter) or large disks (from five to fifteen centimetres in diameter) using his only an arm or when his an arm is connected to a cylindrical drum for the former and latter respectively.

Personality:
Radcliffe is a serious, mature Cyborg. He is very calm and calculated, only engaging in violence when necessary. When fighting, Radcliffe can become fierce and determined, but will be quick to stop when victorious or no longer in danger. He is a solid, dependable soldier, a resourceful and reliable field agent and a passionate scientist and weapons mechanic. Relationships with his colleagues, both former and current, are both professional and amicable. He likes to test his underclass-men without reservation, and gives his open and honest opinion each time and the two have a relationship somewhat akin to an older brother with them. However, he is not beyond negative emotions. Though he tries to suppress his emotions to remain as serious as possible, a person can't really change who they really are. He expresses anger when he sees others being bullied and pushed around, criticizing both the bully and the bullied, telling those being shunned to stand up for themselves. He will then intervene if, and only if, things get out of hand, defending the weaker of the two. He is also very secretive, and will do things behind other people’s backs if he knows he will gain something out of it.

Last edited by Dentist Ryuu on Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:32 am; edited 5 times in total

Back to top Go down

Radcliffe D. Walker Empty Re: Radcliffe D. Walker

Post by Raiden Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:03 am

Very detailed profile! Though unfortunately I'm noticing some pretty big problems with it which may necessitate some major rewrites.

1. His ability (sweating nitroglycerin instead of water) makes no sense. Even leaving the rather speculative nature of it aside (I doubt there is a physical way to start sweating nitroglycerin after an in-utero injection, sci-fi universe or not), but any explosions he made would blow away parts of him. If he gives someone a high-five with a sweaty palm (and palms are always sweaty), that's his arm blown off. If a bead of sweat falls down from his forehead and onto his shirt, he's dead. Hell, since feet sweat so much, literally every step he makes would create an explosion strong enough to blow off his legs. Personally, I would advise you to get rid of this plot element entirely, especially since it has literally no bearing on his backstory - it's just there to be a cool superpower.

Dentist Ryuu wrote:Radcliffe picked up the chair he was sitting on and mercilessly beat his bully with it, heavily injuring them in the process, but not before finishing the bully off with a point blank explosion attack.

2. Holy fuckballs, he just killed that guy! He killed a little kid! And it wasn't, like, an accident or something like that, it was friggin' murder! There is absolutely NO way he'd be allowed to go to a "prestigious science school" after that stunt! The only place he's going is juvie at least until he turns 18. I mean, you do realize that he killed a guy, right? And someone actually assigned Rachel to protect him from bullies? Someone needs to protect bullies from him!!! Also, if they were in a "prestigious science school", would bullies even be an issue? I'd assume that while a public school would be more negligent when it comes to bullying, a more elite one would have a zero tolerance policy on that. And did I mention that he killed a guy in cold blood? Seriously, what the actual fuck? And this is NEVER brought up again! He doesn't even feel bad about it!

3. His transformation into a cyborg somehow changed him from an arrogant prick who pushes those closest to him away and kills people into someone nice who actively wants to help everyone and wants to go into medical school and be a doctor and stuff. I know that a near-death experience can give you some perspective, but this still made absolutely no sense to me.

4. He asked his father for weapons... Why? And his father said yes... Why? This is in your profile for literally NO reason other than to give him cool weapons he can use in fighting RPs. It doesn't make a lick of sense in context. Like, what is he even gonna do with those weapons! He wants to be a doctor, right? What kind of doctor carries around grenade launchers and shit? And the father, who knows that his son is VERY unstable, has killed a guy when pushed too far, and has just undergone the most traumatic event in his entire life which has changed him forever and stripped him of most of his humanity, actually thinks that it's a good idea to make him weapons? What?

Dentist Ryuu wrote:Going on about how he, in the past, wanted them to be persistent with their relationship with him, how he wanted to go into medicine, and why he had tried to save his classmates.
An event where he has tried to save his classmates isn't mentioned anywhere on his profile at all. Unless I'm missing it, but I went over it twice and I don't think I am. Maybe you forgot something?

6. The Tyler Jacobson Academy isn't just some school that you can choose to send your kid to. It was founded recently and requires all metahumans under 18 (whether "natural" or "created") to attend. I think you should reflect that in your backstory.

7. You forgot to pick a class for him. Please view this thread and pick the one that's most appropriate for him.

8. On his personality, you say that he's "serious and mature", and literally a sentence later you say that he's "taunting his opponents when fighting". So is he serious or not? Please try to keep his personality consistent. Also, I think you should mention that he learned how to be a scientist and weapons mechanic in science school - I figured it out, but you should make it clear in the backstory just in case.

9. While I didn't spot a lot of spelling errors, there's lots of sentences that either don't make sense or could be reworded to sound better. Proof-read your profile before submitting it. If you can't find anything, I'll ask Mootking to take a look and let you know, but some of them are pretty obvious.

Please bump this thread when you've made the required changes and I'll take another look.
Raiden
Raiden
Admin

https://missingpages.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:51 pm

First off let me say something:

Raiden wrote:And did I mention that he killed a guy in cold blood? Seriously, what the actual fuck?

I laughed my shit off at that. I didn't even find it advice for the whole thing. I. Just. Laughed.

... Well. I need to see a doctor. But anyway, that was why Dexter Minami was in a stalemate back at the old site, Raiden. Most of the old back story was his.

Anyhow, I rebooted the idea, took away what was unnecessary, and for the record, I didn't change it because you told me, but because I stayed up until 3 am writing it and i was pretty much out of my mind. xD
So, yeah. Recheck!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:58 pm

Bumping post

Back to top Go down

Post by Raiden Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:43 am

A few more things:

1. You say that he constantly let himself be bullied, and in the very next sentence you say that he fought back. Which is it? If he fought back, why is him beating the bully with a chair such a big deal? And on that note, how was he ever allowed to stay in that science school after throwing a chair through a window and aiming at people? Even at a public school he'd be chased straight out of there after a stunt like that.

2. "From this day on I will change myself! I will no longer fight, I will instead be open and soften myself to the world! Now let me just build some weapons of mass destruction!"

You seriously don't see a problem with this? I mean, why would he ever put grenade launchers in his arms? This doesn't make a lick of sense to me.

3. I don't think they'd arrest him for being a "metahuman not under supervision", especially if he didn't cause any trouble. And even if he was arrested, why did they let him go immediately afterwards so that he could have his party?

4. Typos. Proofread your post, as especially in the first half there were quite a few.

Also, please don't bump your threads. We'll get to it when we can. I've got a full-time job and Mootking is a university student. Sometimes I've got enough time to chat or respond to a post, but not enough to check a profile (which takes a lot longer than you might think). Sometimes I don't have enough time to respond to anything. Sometimes I'm just casually browsing. I haven't forgotten about any of my threads, or the profiles waiting on me, so there's no need for you to remind me with bumps.
Raiden
Raiden
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raiden Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:04 pm

Character denied due to account deactivation.
Raiden
Raiden
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum