Missing Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Private] The Results of their Find

2 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

[Private] The Results of their Find - Page 4 Empty Re: [Private] The Results of their Find

Post by weakthinking Sat May 21, 2016 9:29 pm

Mari listened as Shane explained their conversation making throughout the day. She didn't realize that she was the one who started a lot of it. Maybe the anxiety of having to start a conversation had worked? Well, the evidence did support that.

The girl smiled when Shane laughed, appreciating his calmness while they were so close to each other. Mari glanced at Shane every once in a while. She was curious to see what kind of things he would think of to ask her.

"Oh! U-uh.. I'm not too sure.. Maybe I subconsciously realized t-that I needed a friend like you? Because I-i'm so quiet.. and you're really l-loud and out-going." the small girl explained, quickly remembering what she had said, "not that it's a b-bad thing!"
weakthinking
weakthinking

http://sebast-nyaan.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

[Private] The Results of their Find - Page 4 Empty Re: [Private] The Results of their Find

Post by kyubbifox9 Sat May 21, 2016 11:33 pm

"Well thank you, I try not to be too annoying, and I'm more than happy to be your loud friend...guess the old saying that opposites attract still rings true, cause if it's any consolation, I think I realized the same. The excitable comedian needed a quieter friend."

He gave another smile to her while attempting a half shrug during the latter half of his statement. He honestly couldn't remember why he sat in front of her, it was just kinda instinct at this point to approach people and make them smile, her becoming a friend was a massive bonus. He closed his eyes for a moment as he choose another question from the myriad in his head.

"Hm...do you have a favorite song or like genre or band?"

He was a little awkward while asking but he didn't want to ask any of the personal questions he could think of, the mood was too relaxed for serious or excitable stuff like that in his opinion.

"...sorry guess I'm pretty lame at this to."

kyubbifox9
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by weakthinking Wed May 25, 2016 8:05 pm

"No! You're not annoying a-at all! That came out wrong, I'm s-sorry.." Mari said quickly, almost letting go of Shane's body. She caught herself in time, only making the two of them stagger slightly. Mari let out a breath of relief.

"And.. I think that's v-very true as well!"
Mari said, smiling brightly. She was always happy to meet new people, but being opposites in personality meant that the two of them would have more to talk about and learn from each other.

"Uh.. not really. I did like some of t-the music I listened to from the r-record player at home, though." Mari laughed, realizing how old she must have sounded to Shane."We didn't renovate much.. everything at that house was.." the girl stopped herself mid sentence. What was her old life like? Scary? Painful? Cruel? All of the above.

"Painfully.. b-boring." Mari finally decided.
weakthinking
weakthinking

Back to top Go down

Post by kyubbifox9 Wed May 25, 2016 8:50 pm

"R-relax please relax"

Shane quickly said as he staggered nervous they'd both fall. He also smiled in relief when they both regained their balance and continued, a bit slower and relaxed. He smiled when she did and laughed as well, but his gaze became a bit more concerned as he saw her stop and her gaze slightly glaze over, he didn't know what her life was like but it had to have been rough.

"Well it's fantastic you're at the school and one of the least boring persons I know standing next to the second least boring person."

He had an extremely wide smile directed at the "second least boring person" before he attempted a half hug, he hoped she didn't panic too much from the contact, he felt she may have needed it.

"I don't have a record player but I got a computer and I can whistle pretty well so we should find us se preferences."

kyubbifox9
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by weakthinking Fri May 27, 2016 8:10 pm

"Ha ha.. thank y-you.." Mari giggled, smiling widely. It made her happy knowing that Shane thought she was an exciting person. She had always thought she was someone who blended into the background, never being noticed by another soul.

Mari hugged Shane back, but she still felt a bit embarrassed. Her face turned red with nervousness. But the warm hug helped ease her nerves. Even Mari didn't know how much she needed the comfort. Forgetting her old home was something that could never truly happen. The memories would always haunt her. Yet, Mari knew that the cure to her painful past was her new friends. After only a short amount of time at Tachibana, she felt at home.

"T-that's good!" Mari said, still feeling a bit warm from the hug. She felt grateful that the principal had taken her around and explained all of the functions of the school. Previously, Mari wouldn't have known what a computer was. She wondered if Shane thought she was stupid. Afterall, she didn't understand anything of the real world.

"Uh.. I don't k-know.. maybe you can show me some more m-music when we get back? I d-don't think I've listened to enough to know what I p-prefer.."
weakthinking
weakthinking

Back to top Go down

Post by kyubbifox9 Fri May 27, 2016 9:45 pm

Shane still had some slight nerves when he had hugged, hoping his hunch wasn't wrong, and relief was clear on his face after it was proven right when she didn't panic and instead returned it, the blushing was kind of expected. He also had pretty warm cheeks but didn't regret this action like he did the last time they were both nervous and blushing, it just felt more right this time.

"Exactly we can find you a genre to try out, I'm thinking I've got a gist of what you'd like."

He nodded in agreement with her statement, smiling widely at the suggestion. Talking, shopping, tea, cake, and music listening all caused cause of the rain, he doubted the day could get much better, but it seemed like the rest of his life was.

"So I know it's kinda cheap and lazy of me, but I'm gonna steal one of your questions, got anything you'd wanna tell me about yourself, kinda hard not for me to wonder bout such an interesting individual."

He chuckled a bit while rubbing the back of his head with his free arm, it was true that he was curious bout her and wondered if there were any other subjects he could help or connect with her about.

kyubbifox9
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by weakthinking Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:54 pm

"O-oh! That's good, t-then!" Mari said, smiling yet again. She couldn't track just how many times she had smiled today. It was a fairly large number, that was for sure. The shy girl continued walking with the class clown down the sidewalk, occasionally adjusting the top hat on her head with her free hand. It was slightly too big for Mari's head, and because of that, the hat would fall over her eyes. It wasn't anything the girl felt annoyed about, though. In fact, she was rather pleased to be reminded of its presence.

Mari tilted her head to the side when she heard Shane speak, making sure to look him in the eye. Being noticed was one of the best feelings for Mari, and she wanted to make sure that Shane knew she was listening. It had always made her feel appreciated, so why not try?

"Hmm.. w-well.. I guess there's not t-too much else. I love c-cats and you know about books. But, other than interests, I'm really uncomfortable around almost a-all people. And you've heard a little about my secluded life."

Mari laughed a little uncomfortably. She didn't really feel like sharing her past experiences, but in her mind, it was only fair. There was also the emotion that Mari had. She had no intention of saying anything, yet she still spoke. It was almost like her mouth was speaking for her heart. Subconsciously trying to let someone in her walls to help cure her fear and anxiety.
weakthinking
weakthinking

Back to top Go down

Post by kyubbifox9 Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:03 pm

Shane looked to the side and noticed the hat cover her eyes but before he could offer to take it back he saw her adjust it with a small smile. He almost questioned if she was doing it on purpose cause he found it hard to believe, it was too adorable, and then her head shot up to look at him whenever he spoke. A great listener with the loudest speaker, yeah they made one helluva pair. He decided to return the favor as he hung on to every one of her words for her answer, interested about the cat's answer and thankful he got her the cheshire socks, but more concerned about the latter half. He could've probably say that look she gave was just from exhaustion or nervousness, but that laugh was one he couldn't ignore as heard it from himself for a while, someone trying to cover up pain with laughter. It tore his heart a bit hearing it come from her, and he was thankful for his sore leg no longer being in too much as pain as he unconsciously leaned closer and wrapped his arm more around her, a constant hug while they walked. For once he really didn't care about the red cheeks on his face, just wanting her to be happy and comfortable.

"I uh can at least with the people thing, I'd be happy to be your partner for stuff like that. And uh well, that uh life, it's in the past right? You get to explore, enjoy stuff, and uh listen to my awesome jokes now. I mean come on you uh already made a friend with one the loudest people, you can only go up from her right?"

Jeez he really was awkward at this, he'd bet his sister would be a hundred times better at this, but he at least hoped she got the intention. He wanted to help, to not hear that laugh come from anyone anymore, her especially, but he knew he needed help himself and he didn't know everything about her yet, as much as he wished he did. Hell being around her made him a hundred times happier so they'd hopefully be helping each other at the very least.

kyubbifox9
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by weakthinking Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:11 pm

Mari jumped a bit when she felt Shane's arm wrap around her, but quickly relaxed. She did feel like she needed it, and he most likely knew that too. It didn't stop her body from growing significantly warmer. For gods sake, they looked like a couple! Mari shook her head, trying not to make herself even more nervous. She would pass out at the rate she was embarrassing herself!

When Shane spoke, the small girl turned her head. She hoped he didn't noticed her rose-colored cheeks. Mari smiled, realizing just how much Shane wanted to help her. He was so determined to think of something to say that he just about stuttered as much as her! Trying not to giggle at Shane's awkwardness, Mari replied.

"Mhm. I hope you c-can be there for me with t-things like that.. and I suppose you're right. I've been trying to f-forget, I just thought you should know. M-maybe I should explain a bit more? "Secluded" doesn't r-really tell you much. But t-that might make you a little uncomfortable, huh?"

Mari nudged Shane with her elbow, trying to make him feel a little bit better. He did it for her when she needed it, so obviously she wanted to return the favor. How else was she going to be there for him, or any of her new friends, if she couldn't help lighten the mood?
weakthinking
weakthinking

Back to top Go down

Post by kyubbifox9 Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:49 pm

Shane had to withhold the urge to panic when he felt her jump, hoping he wasn't completely wrong, and visibly relaxing as well when she did. He could get used to this, she felt warm and fit snugly next to him and it was almost like she was his-NO BAD BRAIN NOPE NOPE NOPE STOP. His face was red enough as is and did not need that train of thought, no matter how tempting it was and dear god he was thankful for her answer giving him something to focus on at that moment, otherwise he'd have probably had to smack or shake his own head and he had feeling that might make her more nervous. He smiled at her answer and let out a chuckle, not ever going to admit that the small girl just elbowed one of his ticklish spots, before he began to think up a reply of his own. He chose his words as carefully as he could, knowing this was serious, but that didn't make the task any easier.

"Well no hope required there, a Mcloud never goes back on their word so uh you're kinda stuck with me and my help. As for your life or uh 'secluded' life, I don't know it's your choice really on that, I mean I won't uh push for one thing or the other just that I'd like you to know I'd listen if you want me to or I won't pursue it if you uh would prefer that. I uh guess I just want you comfortable, cause I think we all got some issues and we have to handle them a uh bit differently at first. In the end, I'd be comfortable either way long as your comfortable."

Guess even when planned and with chosen words, he was still about as smooth as a bloody gravel road.

kyubbifox9
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by weakthinking Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:20 am

Mari smiled while listening to Shane's nervous voice. It calmed her own nerves. Feeling a little more comfortable with the situation at hand, Mari spoke.

"Hmm.. well I suppose it isn't a big deal anymore."
Mari chimed, "The past is the past, right?" The small girl wanted to keep forcing herself to let it go. Of course her parents were horrible people! But no amount of recalling the past would change what they did. There was no way to undo her sorrow except to forget.

"Oh, look! I think I can see the school!"
She said, pointing ahead of the two students.
weakthinking
weakthinking

Back to top Go down

Post by kyubbifox9 Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:20 am

Shane couldn't help but notice her disappearing stutter was altogether gone now, maybe he was slowly leaching her nervousness. He nodded along with her words, the past could not be changed and could only be learnt from. It only affected you as much as you let it.

"You could say it's past us now, so long as you're no longer affected by it, then you should not have to worry about it but I guess there are moments where holding it in could be just as bad, just depends on the person and past."

Shane shrugged, it was a confusing situation and topic that was for sure. Personally he wanted to remember his past, but no longer let it effect him throughout life...that was a shit ton easier thought than done.

"Indeed it is, appears my sense of direction still functions alright."

Shane chuckled as they reached the gate before a thought occurred, she wanted to listen to some more music didn't she? Turning to her with a tilt of his head and light blush, he decided to carefully ask a question that he was probably stupid for asking.

"So uh where in school are we going if you wanna listen to some more music? Like uh I might have a free classroom or we could go to one of our dorms if you're uh okay with that."

He was a bit iffy on what the rules for the school and dorms were, but wanted to stay with Marie a bit longer in spite of unknown rules so he'd risk it.

kyubbifox9
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by weakthinking Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:29 am

Mari laughed at Shane's comment about his sense of direction. But then she realized she shouldn't be mocking him; her skills were just as bad, if not, worse. The school gates seemed to greet the students with open arms as they approached it. Or at least, that was how it seemed to Mari. The sun began to come out again, almost indicating that the students were done with their journey.

Mari looked up at Shane when she noticed him turning toward her. She let out a small 'hm' when she noticed it. While listening to the wind, she waited for him to speak.

"I really don't know.." the small girl said. "My dorm isn't very exciting right now.. so we probably shouldn't do that." She adjusted her new jacket and Shane's hat, smiling. "What would you rather do..?"
weakthinking
weakthinking

Back to top Go down

Post by kyubbifox9 Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:23 am

Shane, as usual, smiled in appreciation at her laughter, still enjoying the sound of it. Glancing around with a slight blush, he thought about both options. He knew the music room was usually empty at this time but he wouldn't have his computer, meaning he'd have to play if she wanted to hear music...that could go very well or extremely poorly...Option two was his dorm and seemed to be the safer bet. Looking at her before he spoke, it became more difficult to speak as he saw her mess with the new clothes, she had to know how cute this looked.

"Well uh I'd like to do what you want to so plan A is we head to the music room, which I could kinda maybe play piano, or plan B if you don't mind a bit of a mess we can go to my room and listen to music on my computer."

He rubbed the back of his head, he was never good at decision making and this was a bit conflicting for him as he wanted to play music but didn't know if he'd be good enough at that moment to warrant a listen. Jeez for once she was the relaxed one and he was the panicky one.

kyubbifox9
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by weakthinking Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:22 am

Mari noticed Shane's nervousness, but didn't have any idea of how to comfort him. Although she did try her best to give him a warm smile. The shy girl didn't understand how awkward the situation actually was to Shane. He was inviting a girl into his dorm room, for crying out loud! But the naive Mari didn't realize this. She only wondered where his awkwardness stemmed from and grinned to calm his nerves.

"Okay.. uh.. will the music room have.. a lot of people? Because you know I.. don't really.." Mari trailed off, not wanting to admit her fear of others so bluntly. She glanced to the ground and back up to Shane a few times, laughing awkwardly all the while.
weakthinking
weakthinking

Back to top Go down

Post by kyubbifox9 Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:02 am

Shane hadn't actually checked the music room yet, crap there was probably a club or something practicing there...No he could do this, they'd go to his room nothing would be bad and he wasn't going to completely screw this up. Oh who was he kidding, he was going to fuck this up but at least she wouldn't be uncomfortable like with other people. At the very least she'll be happy...hopefully. Taking a breath to calm himself before they both panicked each other, he smiled and nodded at her, thankful for her comforting grin.

"Hey, it's alright we'll just head to my room, just be us alright?"

He'd get over his own nerves and awkwardness so she wouldn't have to be. Course he could say no or suggest a different room but the thought didn't once occur to him.

"Come on we'll make the uh Mcloud Music Room."

He laughed a bit with her, hoping to end that bit of awkwardness.

kyubbifox9
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by weakthinking Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:28 pm

Looking up at Shane once more, Mari smiled. It would be a little weird going to a room of someone she had just met, but she didn't know if she would be comfortable in any other situation. People starring at them in the music room.. or computer lab.. that would be way too unnerving. She would rather be in a room with someone she understood and could converse with.

"Alright!" Mari nodded happily, then giggled a bit at Shane's comment. "Sure."

The two students maneuvered through the school to get to it's dorms. Mari followed closely behind Shane, not wanting to be starred at by other students. Once in a while, when the halls would get crowded, Mari would attempt to grab on to Shane's jacket.

"This school is.. too big.."
weakthinking
weakthinking

Back to top Go down

Post by kyubbifox9 Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:42 pm

Shane had relaxed significantly when he heard her giggle and accept the offer, yeah it was going to be awkward and he'd definitely have quite a bit of explaining to do if a teacher found out, but knowing she'd be happy made it pretty much worth all the bad things and a little more in his opinion. While they're were walking Shane noticed her lag behind a bit, and decided full height for the time being so he'd a be bit more noticeable than her. It was a bit difficult maneuvering around but he made sure to at least always offer an open hand to her and be between her and anyone who would get too close. Thankfully he was fairly good at bringing attention to himself though she did catch his attention easily with her comment.

"I think it's this size because of how rare it is, they need to the have room because I think people who would want to go here and were told they couldn't cause of lack of space would probably hit a new low."

Jeez that was a depressing thought, what if either of them hadn't made it here and wouldn't meet eachother. Nope nope nope, bad thoughts they were happy at the moment and leave it at that Shane.

"Plus I bet if it's successful enough, they'll be able to make more in more locations, which I sincerely hope they do."

That's better think of how that'd lower the cost of the school, give an opportunity to more, and just be generally cheerful.

kyubbifox9
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by weakthinking Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:34 pm

"Y-yeah.." Mari agreed from behind Shane. The thought of Tachibana loosing it's students made her slightly depressed. But the boy's next comment pushed her smile. He was obviously trying to make her feel better. And just the thought of him wanting to help her made Mari happy.

"Mhm!" She said to his cheerful comment. Only to grow upset a moment later...

Mari looked around frantically, trying not to bump into anyone or be noticed too well. She had been at Tachibana for a while, yes, but old habits are hard to break. The shy girl tried her best to squeeze close to Shane; hiding herself from the students. She noticed his hand; open and inviting her to hold it. She hesitated for a few moments, but made up her mind when someone from behind her rushed forward. The small girl almost fell, but grabbed onto Shane's hand in time.
weakthinking
weakthinking

Back to top Go down

Post by kyubbifox9 Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:55 pm

Shane blushed only slightly when he felt her hand around his, noticing her panicked movements when she avoided the others, so he was more focused on her comfort than his nervousness. Plus the fact that she almost fell face first into him or the floor had made him move slightly in front of her with his other hand out in case she needed to be caught. Thankfully she didn't, otherwise they'd probably be on the floor now, but he didn't move quite in spite of their close proximity hoping she'd not be too nervous as he gently spoke.

"Hey hey hey, just focus on me and my fantastic puns okay? Just you and me in this hallway no one else, alright?"

He gave her a bright smile after his little message before moving at a slow pace with her, hoping she'd be slightly comforted by his advice.

"Now come along Alice, we're late we're late for a very important date"

Er come on Shane move along now, just ignore that last word and the warming blush on your cheeks.

kyubbifox9
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by weakthinking Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:58 pm

Mari tightly shut her eyes and nodded, hoping she wouldn't start panicking. After all, that was when she would black out. Mari remembered a bit of what her psychiatrist said to her. One of those things was to never allow herself to overreact. That was when her other self would come. It was extremely hard for a girl like Mari to control her emotions like that; her anxiety was overwhelming.

Mari took a deep breath and focused on her feet instead of the others around her. She couldn't help but glance at Shane's hand every few seconds. Her cheeks reddened. The small girl was walking next to her new friend when she heard him speak.

"H-huh? Oh!" Mari giggled a bit at Shane's joke. The word at the end of his sentence caught her off-guard, though. Her face felt even warmer than before. Maybe going to Shane's room wasn't such a good idea? No, it was the best idea. IT allowed for her to feel comfortable. Anywhere that let people stare at her was a place she didn't want to be. The shy girl shook her thoughts out and quietly continued walking next to Shane.
weakthinking
weakthinking

Back to top Go down

Post by kyubbifox9 Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:25 am

Shane gently pulled his new friend a bit closer to him when he saw her eyes shut and focus on her feet, hopefully she'd be a little more relaxed as less people would bump into them. He was thankful for the school they went to at least, it meant that people were a crap ton more understanding of other's problems and willing to move aside when Shane shot them a slightly pleading look and wave of his hand. This school quite possibly was the best place for them, and he probably wouldn't have had it any other way. He had a fond smile at the thought, before it widened at hearing her giggle from his Alice, she was just as red as him but it was to be expected least she seemed more relaxed.

"And you know when we get to my room, maybe we can celebrate an unbirthday party or two."

He cheerfully declared with a smile, hoping to keep her relaxed and happy as they walked along.

kyubbifox9
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4