Missing Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unfamiliar Surroundings [Open]

3 posters

Go down

Unfamiliar Surroundings [Open] Empty Unfamiliar Surroundings [Open]

Post by Sora Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:03 am

At his home, Jordan had developed a habit of wandering the nearby streets when boredom took hold and threatened to keep that hold for longer than he'd prefer. It's more of a recent habit, of course; he couldn't be trusted to wander as such at a younger age. It's not something he did often, but it didn't take too much to come to know the area around his home enough that any future meanders, even if they spread further, didn't really have any risk of getting him lost.

Today he'd done this in part due to boredom at the time and in part because he thought it might be good to learn what was around the academy. Maybe he'd gotten a bit too used to the safety of the already-known layout of the area around Jordan's house, however, as he seems to have been walking too comfortably with too little attention and now he's not actually sure where this is relative to the academy.

"I can't have gone far - I'm still in the suburbs at least." Jordan thought. It's the only thought to curb his unease, but it's mostly enough.
"So if I retrace my steps as far as I can remember and go from there..." his thoughts continued, leading to the conclusion that he could probably find his way back. You know, eventually.

He looked around a bit before changing abruptly from standing still as he had been for a minute or so to walking with some apparent form of direction in directly the opposite direction from the one he'd been facing.
Sora
Sora

Back to top Go down

Unfamiliar Surroundings [Open] Empty Re: Unfamiliar Surroundings [Open]

Post by Mizo Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:49 am

Having already explored the school rather sufficiently Mizo now set his sights on the city & nearby streets. He'd already gone a distance and just as he'd done when he'd started his exploration of the school he had the sudden realization that he was a bit lost.
He stopped to check the street signs.

"Ok, so if that's...wait no, I came down...uhhh, wait. I think I'm lost."

He said to himself, really just to reiterate to himself what he already knew.
As he looked around trying to figure out where he was he noticed a boy about his age who seemed to be moving with some sense of purpose.

"That looks like a guy who knows where he's going, maybe he can help me out."

Mizo watched as the boy stopped for a moment then went in exactly the opposite direction.

"Or maybe not, still wouldn't hurt to ask."

"Excuse me, could you help me? I seem to be a little lost, I'm kinda new to the area"

He asked as he approached the boy.
Mizo
Mizo

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCB0SW5Aa68-UcEBGtWF1gsQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sora Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:59 pm

Jordan's a little surprised to find himself approached by someone. He looks vaguely familiar somehow.
Jordan decides he's probably just seen him at the academy or something.

More pressing matters are at hand, though; he's trying to talk to Jordan. He gives the stranger a blank look briefly before reaching into his left pocket and extracting a notepad: spiral bound along the top, with a deep blue cover and white lined paper. He takes a blue pen out of the spiral, flips past a few already-written-on pages, and quickly writes in the top line:

"Write, please."

The message written, he holds the notepad and pen out for the stranger to take them.
Sora
Sora

Back to top Go down

Post by Mizo Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:26 pm

"Oh, I see."

He thought to himself as he gave a thumbs up to show that he understood the request.
Accepting the pen and pad he wrote out his question.

"Sorry, I'm new to the area and I've gotten kinda lost. Do you know how to get to Tachibana Academy from here?"

He finished writing and handed the pen and pad back the boy.
Mizo
Mizo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sora Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:54 pm

Jordan smiles slightly upon reading the stranger's message before writing out his response.

"I'm trying to get there too, actually. And I'm also lost. I was going to retrace my steps but I don't remember the whole way."

He returns the revelation of this strange coincidence and the pen with it.
Sora
Sora

Back to top Go down

Post by Mizo Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:42 am

Upon reading the response Mizo laughed a little at the situation.
Both were lost and trying to get back to the same place, he couldn't help but appreciate the irony of the situation as he penned his response.

"It looks like we're both searching for the same thing then. What say we help each other get back to the school, ya know two heads and all that. My name's Zee by the way what's yours?"
Mizo
Mizo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sora Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:05 am

(I try typing in dark blue because you typed in dark blue and then you just go and switch to bright blue like I had originally typed in and I don't know what's right anymore)

"Jordan.
Onward."

Jordan just showed Zee the writing long enough for him to read it, rather than giving the notepad back, figuring there wouldn't be much more to write. He put the pen back in the spiral and kept the notepad in his hand, deciding not to put it in his pocket in case they needed to talk again.
Jordan started walking in the direction he was pretty sure was right, but tried not to walk too quickly or ahead of Zee, as he didn't really feel like he was leading. Jordan noticeably looks around a lot as he walks. This was likely in equal parts due to trying to find memorable points of reference to help with the whole being lost issue, and it being a habit developed to keep him aware of his surroundings in the absence of auditory cues.
Sora
Sora

Back to top Go down

Post by Pearce Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:09 am

Ada had left from her apartment in Yamaku Plaza to explore town for a while, even though she visited already and knew the way back to the school. Probably the street names still didn't attached to her memory yet, but the important part is the way.
However, after walking around for maybe too long, she found herself further than planned

At least I have some cash, I'll get a coffee and a small map from that street post. Subway is an option too, but I know nothing about the stations. Option 1 then

After getting the things she needed, Ada was walking through the streets taking a sip from the drink as she tried to find herself in the map, and unfolded it to see it completely holding it with one hand

"Ugh, dammit. So the way back to the goddamn school is a bit far." she mumbled while crossing two lost looking guys
Pearce
Pearce
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mizo Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:27 pm

{Sorry, I must of selected the wrong color by accident. I'll stick with the last one I used to avoid further confusion.}

Mizo followed Jordan as he started to walk. He noticed that he was looking around a lot, probably looking for a point of reference to help him get back. Mizo figured he'd better keep his eye out for a recognizable landmark as well.
After a bit Mizo noticed a girl that looked about their age, maybe a couple of years older give or take. Regardless of age it looked like she had a map, maybe she could help them.
Mizo tapped Jordan on the shoulder to get his attention and then pointed at the girl with the map.
Mizo
Mizo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sora Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:28 am

Jordan stops and turns to the girl that Zee points to as said girl passes by; it takes him a bit to notice the map present in her hands. He begins to sign "Get her attention" before cutting himself off and quickly writing on his notepad, which he displays to Zee:

"Ask her for help"
Sora
Sora

Back to top Go down

Post by Mizo Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:44 am

{Since there are three of us now after this post and Pearce's reply we should stick to a Sora, Me, Pearce turn order as that's the order we entered the thread in. Only reason I'm breaking this turn order at the moment is for the sake progression.}

Mizo gave a thumbs up again as he stepped away and approached the girl with the map.

"Excuse me, I don't mean to bother you but we're a bit lost and I was hoping we could barrow your map for a second. If you don't mind that is."
Mizo
Mizo

Back to top Go down

Post by Pearce Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:23 pm

She eyed the guy quickly, and noticed one of his eyes looked almost white and was scarred. She gave a quick view and then looked at him again

Could he be another student of Tachibana? I mean, he looks young and he's lost. Never mind

"Sure thing partner. Here" Ada handed the piece of paper and took a sip of her coffee. Even though she tried her hardest to don't ask, curiosity was killing her

"Hey, where are you heading?"
Pearce
Pearce
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sora Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:14 am

(I believe progression calls for the "turn order" to be broken again for you to respond, Mizo)
Sora
Sora

Back to top Go down

Post by Mizo Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:05 am

{Jordan has a pad and pen to communicate with right? plus there are always thoughts and observations. I don't wanna feel like I'm high jacking your post.}

Mizo
Mizo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sora Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:16 am

(Jordan doesn't know what she's saying and I feel the question was directed at your character.
It'll be easier for me to post when Jordan sees that the conversation has pretty much stopped so he can ask what happened.)
Sora
Sora

Back to top Go down

Post by Mizo Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:41 am

{Fair enough.}

"Thanks, We're trying to get back to the Tachibana Academy."

Mizo answered as he accepted the map and held it up so that Jordan could see it too.

"I hope he can read this, I've never been good with maps."
Mizo
Mizo

Back to top Go down

Post by Pearce Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:24 pm

Her suspicions became right as the other guy revealed their destiny, and she raised an eyebrow to give her next answer

"Two is company and three is crowd, or something like that... I got lost as well, luckily the urban environment has more things to offer than fast food and loaded pee smelling subways"

Ada noticed the other guy next to him, and tried to talk to him

"Heh, you dress like a gangbanger or something. Anything yet?"
Pearce
Pearce
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sora Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:28 pm

(What would inspire that comment? I don't think anything's been said about Jordan's clothing .-.)

Jordan took the map from Mizo and scanned it for wherever the group seemed to be right now. He eventually found a street whose name matched one he had seen on a sign earlier. Jordan folded the map under his arm and struggled to simultaneously keep it there and write something on his notepad.
He put the pen back in the notepad's spiral before handing it Mizo:

"I think we're around here somewhere. Also how did the conversation go?"

Jordan gestured to the area around the mentioned street to show Mizo what the first sentence was referring to. As his attention was not on the third member of the little party that had formed, Jordan missed that she had made a comment.
Sora
Sora

Back to top Go down

Post by Mizo Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:35 pm

After reading Jordan's comment Mizo started to pen his response while also responding to the girl's question.

"I'm pretty sure he can't hear, well more like completely sure. I've been communicating with him via this note pad. I'm Zee and he's Jordan buy the way."

He finished his response and handed the pad back to Jordan

"It went well enough I think. She got lost too and apparently doesn't care for the smell of the subways. I also told her our names"
Mizo
Mizo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sora Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:32 pm

(Pearce?)
Sora
Sora

Back to top Go down

Post by Pearce Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:25 pm

(LOL sorry I check my updates on hotmail and I wasn't watching the topic)

Nodding to the new fact of Jordan's disability, he tapped his shoulder and signaled writing, asking for his notepad

"And I'm Ada. Nobody special, just...someone" she shrugged on the last word, giving up her tries on a genious answer and held her hand out abruptly, hitting something

Pearce
Pearce
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sora Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:02 am

A third lost person? Finding Zee was coincidence enough; surely there was some kind of greater force directing fate here...
Jordan's thoughts were broken, however, by a tap on the shoulder. He faced the mentioned third lost individual in time to see her execute what looked to be a request for the notepad. He held out it and the pen for her to take.
Sora
Sora

Back to top Go down

Post by Sora Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:52 pm

(...?)
Sora
Sora

Back to top Go down

Post by Sora Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:59 pm

(Hey guys I've decided that we're not dead anymore so maybe we could finish this thread up)
Sora
Sora

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down