Missing Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[PRIVATE] Sea of Faces

2 posters

Go down

[PRIVATE] Sea of Faces Empty [PRIVATE] Sea of Faces

Post by Jimmy Cohen Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:14 am

Jimmy sat in the canteen, waiting for Mari to emerge amongst a sea of faces he couldn't recognise, and didn't know if any of them recognised him either. His eyes darted around, looking for any essence of familiarity. Caroline, Shane, Ada, Hawke, Ellie, Jordan, Mari. Seven people amongst the hordes lining up for food that he might have recognised were he able to. He ruminated on that for a moment. Seven friends, and he'd barely even started at Tachibana. Well, maybe to call Ellie a friend would be quite the understatement, but the point still stood. He was far from the isolated and lonely routine he'd been slowly getting into just a few weeks prior. He was still making some ok grades with some very hard work to make up for his incessant class skipping. He was now a solid C student, maybe even on for a B or two in his strongest subjects. It could very easily slip, given his lack of discipline, but grades didn't matter to him that much. Certainly not at this point, at least. He had still neglected to try and reach out to his mother again, though. That was something that still ate at the back of his mind, but trying to get through to Ana was like trying to punch through a brick wall with your bare hands.

Jimmy shook his mind's aimless wandering away and turned his attention back to his food as it was gradually getting cold, slowly picking at it with a fork.

Jimmy Cohen
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

[PRIVATE] Sea of Faces Empty Re: [PRIVATE] Sea of Faces

Post by weakthinking Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:53 am

Mari had finished organizing everything with the principal early. She had noticed in the principal's office that the time kept inching closer to the moment lunch started. She wanted to make sure she would arrive in time for meeting up with Jimmy. Mari stepped into the crowded doorway, being pushed and bumped the entire time. She didn't exactly know how the 'buying lunch' thing worked. So she followed the person standing in front of her and asked for the same meal they did.

Mari then proceeded to finding Jimmy. She knew this was her job in their.. probably friendship? She still wasn't exactly sure if Jimmy wanted to be friends or not. She could watch a group of friends for an hour or two and be able to say which have crushes on the other. But Mari wasn't ever any good at being able to tell others feelings toward her specifically. Maybe that was just her being self-conscious?

The body heat of so many people in the room made it hotter than Mari thought it should be. There was also the fact that people were cooking, which also let heat out. Mari shook her head, trying to focus on the task at hand. She stood in one place for a while, feeling awkward.

She soon noticed Jimmy's familiar figure sitting at a table by himself. Once she saw this sign of hope, her feet moved faster than before. Mari walked at a brisk pace until she reached the table and sat down.

"H-hello Jimmy!" Mari exclaimed happily. She quickly realized her mistake. "Oh! I-it's Mari."
weakthinking
weakthinking

http://sebast-nyaan.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Cohen Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:34 pm

After Mari's greeting, Jimmy responded with a warm smile.
"Nice to see you again, Mari. Well, we barely got acquainted earlier, so let's start off simple. What do you like to do with your spare time?"

Jimmy Cohen
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by weakthinking Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:00 pm

Mari returned Jimmy's smile. She felt lucky to have a 'friend' as nice as him. She thought for a minute about what exactly she liked to do in her free time. Only a couple things came into mind.

"W-well I like to read books. Sometimes I draw as well.." Mari thought for a minute. She sounded so boring to even herself. "And I like to help people.. F-from the sidelines, you know?"

Mari wanted to ask Jimmy's interests too. She could probably already guess a few by the way he looked, though.

"What about y-you?!"
weakthinking
weakthinking

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Cohen Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:17 pm

"Books are good. I used to love books. Can't really do so well at imagining the imagery now, all the description just gets lost on me, so books are a bit of a wasted endeavour for me. It's much harder to get invested in a story when you can't imagine it. You draw? What do you do, just sketches?" Jimmy inquired. He nodded when Mari mentioned helping people. "I get you. I just can't help it, I have to do what I can when I'm capable of helping out."

"Me? Bit of a fitness buff, gym and long-distance running, mostly. And I've gotten into swimming as a cool-down recently. Uh, I play guitar. Or, I used to. Something's not been clicking with that ever since I had my aneurysm. With all the time I'm putting into trying to overcome that, I've been able to really tighten up the few songs I already know though, so I guess that's a positive. And other than that, I just kinda take it easy, I guess. I'm not particularly interesting in that regard yet, still trying to figure out where I'm at with a lot of things."

Jimmy Cohen
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by weakthinking Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:20 am

Mari smiled as Jimmy commented on her hobbies. She was happy to have him acknowledge her interests. Even if maybe he wasn't, and was just pretending to be. But she didn't think someone like him would fake his feelings about anything.

Mari listened closely to Shane's story, nodding and smiling every once in a while. She particularly liked the part where he talked about playing guitar. Mari had always loved music. She wanted to ask him if she could listen to him play at some point, but thought it would be best to not say anything. He probably wouldn't be very comfortable, or at least it seemed so by the way he explained it.

"Oh, no! I think y-you're very interesting! Most people are." Mari paused for a minute and smiled. "Everyone is interesting.. because everyone's different."

Mari shook her head, feeling embarrassed for speaking so deeply about people. She looked down toward her steaming food. Reaching for a spoon, she blew it off and took a bite.

"Oh wow! T-that's really good!"
weakthinking
weakthinking

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Cohen Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:30 am

"Well, thank you, but I'm still finding out where I'm at, I guess. I suppose I'm likely to find myself boring. That's true though. And some are more different than others, I've found. Like all of us at this school. I mean, that's why we're here, right?" Jimmy mused with a nod.

"Yeah, the food here's not too bad, honestly." He said, scooping a mouthful of rice into his mouth with a fork. "You should have seen my school in Mexico. The food there was horrific." He added after swallowing his food, shaking his head in revulsion at the abominations that they used to get served up to them.

Jimmy Cohen
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by weakthinking Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:00 am

"By the way you said it, I'm sure it was."

Mari smiled and took another bite of her food. She looked around at all of the other students and wondered why she couldn't make conversation like them. She felt herself being pressured by her own mind. It made the silence seem less comfortable than she believed it was.

"S-so! What.. hmm.." Mari began to panic, not being able to think of anything. "Uhh.."
weakthinking
weakthinking

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Cohen Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:13 pm

Jimmy saw Mari's struggling and decided to bail her out promptly.

"So, what do you make of this place so far? I know it's early days yet, but what's your first impression?"

Jimmy Cohen
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by weakthinking Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:21 pm

Mari thought for a minute. She did like Tachibana, but wasn't tor sure if she would get to make more friends. Or have nice teachers.

"Tachibana is really big, and pretty.. But I-i'm still not sure i-if I'll be able to call this my new home." Mari suddenly realized she could ask Jimmy something. "W-what was your first week or so like..?"

She took a few nervous bites of her meal, waiting for Jimmy's response.
weakthinking
weakthinking

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Cohen Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:32 pm

Jimmy took another bite of his meal as Mari anxiously responded to his question.

"I know what you mean. I felt a little out of place at first myself, but now I can't imagine being anywhere else. My first week was ok. I met some great people, but I think when classes started everyone got a bit bogged down in work, I spent a while feeling pretty lonely before I got back into the swing of things again. Even then, it wasn't that bad. I just had a little too much space, if that makes sense..."

Jimmy Cohen
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by weakthinking Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:26 am

Mari nodded as Jimmy spoke. She knew the feeling of being alone as well. Maybe a little too much.. But finding out that Jimmy shared similar feelings as she did made her feel a lot better. Even if they didn't share the same past.

"Yeah. I think that's how I feel.."

Mari felt bad for changing the mood so drasticly. She stated at her food for a while, picking at it every once in a while with her fork. She turned to Jimmy again.

"S-sorry. I'll fix t-this! What's your favorite color, animal, and time of day?" Mari laughed a bit at her questions. She thought it might be a good idea to ask random questions about the Jimmy instead of serious ones.
weakthinking
weakthinking

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Cohen Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:16 pm

Jimmy chuckled at Mari's earnest (and effective) method of switching the mood.

"Favorite color? Blue. Any shade, whatever, it's all good to me. Animal? ...Penguin, those things just seem really awkward and cute. Time of day? Anything that's not morning." Jimmy answered with a laugh.

"What about you? What do you think to all of that stuff?"

Jimmy Cohen
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by weakthinking Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:50 pm

Mari smiled, feeling fairly pleased with herself. She had actually managed to turn the situation around!

She listened to Jimmy's response and laughed a bit when he said his favorite animal was a penguin. Mari had imagined something more like.. a lion? Bear? Something that fit Jimmy's figure more. But she came to the conclusion that a penguin fit his personality rather than build.

Mari thought for a second about her favorite color, but knew the other two as soon as she was asked.

"Uh.. my favorite color is probably b-black or purple. But my favorite animal is a cat. And time of day is i-in between 10 at night and 2 in the morning." the shy girl smiled awkwardly at Jimmy. "I stay up late..."

Mari took a few bites of her meal before thinking of some other questions to ask Jimmy. She wasn't confident in her conversation skills at all, so spouting one random question after another seemed like a good idea. Afterall, she already knew his hobbies. And asking how he came to this school seemed very rude. She didn't know much more than that...

"I have m-more! Favorite food and kind of weather! I-i don't think I have anymore for after this, though.."
weakthinking
weakthinking

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Cohen Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:01 pm

"That's cool." Jimmy said with a nod, trying to take in this information as best he could. It pretty much fit in with his current perception of her.
"You're a night owl then, huh? I can be similar, sometimes."

"Food? Don't think I have one. If it's spicy and/or has meat in it, I'm happy. Guess I'll chalk that one down to my time in Mexico. Favourite weather is definitely warm weather, it's just comfortable to me, I guess." He replied with a shrug.

"Really? You got nothing? Well, same questions apply to you, if you've still not got anything I'll figure something out." Jimmy offered.

Jimmy Cohen
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by weakthinking Mon May 02, 2016 10:15 pm

Mari smiled at Jimmy's comment about her staying up late at night.

"Yeah, I g-guess so!"

As she listened to Jimmy's voice, Mari took a few more bites of her food. Even though their conversation wasn't too exciting, it was still distracting enough for her to forget it was time to eat lunch.

"O-oh! Um, I like any sort of sweet food.. like cakes and cookies. My favorite t-type of weather is rain for sure." The shy girl's smile widened as she spoke, but vanished soon after.

"I'm sorry. Like I've said, I'm not too g-good with conversations.."
weakthinking
weakthinking

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Cohen Thu May 05, 2016 8:24 am

"Rain? Ah, I love a good thunderstorm, but rain on its own is just a bit annoying, I think. I can see the appeal though." Jimmy said with a small chuckle as he took another bite. He'd hardly been eating, really. Far more focused on the conversation with Mari than the technically fairly average meal in front of him.

"That's fine. About time I started asking the questions anyway. So, you said you're a reader, what's your favourite genre? Also, you draw, so who's your favourite artist? Who inspires you?"

Jimmy Cohen
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by weakthinking Sat May 07, 2016 8:23 pm

Mari nodded, she understood how rain might be considered a bit annoying. But to her, it was the most calming sound in the world.

She looked around for a clock; not exactly sure what time lunch was supposed to end. Mari shook the thought out of her head. A bell would ring to indicate that lunch was over; she didn't need to worry about it.

"I like f-fantasy stories. It feels like you're in another world..."
Mari thought for a minute about Jimmy's next question. "Ah.. I don't really have a favorite. I just draw for fun."
weakthinking
weakthinking

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Cohen Mon May 16, 2016 10:07 am

[OOC: Ah! So sorry I kept you waiting this long! Been totally swamped at work and college.]

Jimmy takes in this information and ponders it briefly. He figured it meant that Mari sought escapism with her interests. Not that he could fault her or anyone for that, he did the same thing in his own way, pretty much every person Jimmy had ever met, whether disabled or not seemed to want to escape reality every now and then. That had been his experience, anyway.
"We all need to feel like we're in a different world sometimes. I do that through music and exercise." He said, with a somewhat wistful smile.

"Well. That's good either way. Do you think that's something you aspire to do full-time some day, or is it just an outlet?"

Jimmy Cohen
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by weakthinking Mon May 16, 2016 3:23 pm

[OOC: That's totally fine! Don't worry about it at all!]

Mari nodded, it seemed like Jimmy completely understood where she was coming from. The need for an escape was one she had owned for almost her entire life. Even though she had finally accomplished her goal of escaping, Mari still had the strong urge to read the kinds of books she enjoyed as a child.

"Yeah.. d-definitely."

Mari wondered about Jimmy's next question. Drawing was something she loved to do, but she didn't know for sure if she liked doing it for fun or for purpose. Her life up until now had been only a mix of wanting to escape and trying to keep herself above the furious seas of depression. The young girl didn't exactly have time for drawing or reading very often.

"Well.. it's been an o-outlet up until now. But I think I might w-want to do something like it in the future."

Mari took a few more bites of her cold food, wishing she had noticed it earlier. The students that surrounded her table seemed to be going to dump their leftover food. Mari didn't pay too much attention to it, and continued talking to Jimmy.

"Yo-you said you listen to music, right? What kinds o-of music do you like?"
weakthinking
weakthinking

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Cohen Thu May 26, 2016 7:50 am

Jimmy smiled at Mari's answer.

"Well, that's good. I'm sure you've got the passion for it. And the talent."

It took him a moment to ponder his response, picking at his food slightly but not really eating much more, cold school meals were the worst.

"Oh, all sorts of stuff. If it can take you to another place, I'll love it. I'm all over the spectrum of music, rock, metal, rap, electronic stuff... hell, even a bit of pop. Genre doesn't really matter to me. So long as it's good, and it gives me that escape, I'm right in it."

Jimmy Cohen
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by weakthinking Fri May 27, 2016 2:40 pm

Mari nodded happily when Jimmy praised her. It felt good to be noticed. The shy girl waited patiently for the boys response. She finished her meal and took a large drink of water to wash the taste away.

Once Jimmy replied, Mari nodded. She liked any type of music that caught her attention. That wasn't usually a lot of music, though. But she had to remember the fact that she was isolated almost her entire life so far. Music wasn't something she could have gotten her hands on easily.

"Yeah, I k-know what you mean.." Mari said, thinking of another question. "Oh! What a-are you planning on being w-when you're older?"
weakthinking
weakthinking

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Cohen Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:40 am

Mari's question got the wheels in Jimmy's head spinning. He ruminated for a long time before shrugging it off and answering honestly.

"I really have no idea. I just need to see where I end up, I think. It's hard to decide on something like that so early in our lives."

Jimmy Cohen
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by weakthinking Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:56 am

Mari nodded, Jimmy's response had almost made her think about her own situation. With the way he spoke, Jimmy sounded like someone who lived in the moment. So, what was she? Too worried for the future? Mildly concerned? Whatever it was, Mari knew she would have a fun time with life now that she could do as she pleased.

"I-i suppose you're right. We should j-just enjoy what we have n-now." Mari said with a smile, watching the last few students get up to dump their trays. She decided to say something at this point.

"Will l-lunch be ending soon o-or something?"
weakthinking
weakthinking

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Cohen Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:09 pm

[OOC: Sorry for going AWOL again! Been knee-deep in all sorts of things recently.]

"That's certainly how I like to see it." Jimmy said with a warm smile. Mari's remark pretty much summed up exactly how he felt. He had a lot of good in front of him when all was said and done, he had a lot to be grateful for. He'd always lived in the moment, both before and after the aneurysm, it was one of the very few things about him that hadn't fundamentally changed.

Jimmy looked around absent-mindedly, registering the same sight as Mari, but thinking nothing of it.

"Seems like it." He said with a nonchalant shrug.

He looked around again and picked up on Mari's inferrence.
"I guess we should follow in their footsteps, then." He observed, with a crooked smile.

Jimmy Cohen
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down