Missing Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[OPEN] Out in the Corner in the Pouring Rain

2 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

[OPEN] Out in the Corner in the Pouring Rain - Page 2 Empty Re: [OPEN] Out in the Corner in the Pouring Rain

Post by kyubbifox9 Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:03 am

Shane couldn't help grinning and nodding in agreement.
"Better than me, odds of my room ending up a little uh more fiery than usual are still too high for me try fancy things."
He then laughed at her second statement, enjoying her humor. Though a little awkward, he still loves that she made an attempt to match him and it just raised his mood more and more.
"You kidding, my sis would kill me if I lived like that everyday..:that's birthday meal though."
He grinned while rubbing the back of his head, unconsciously mentioning his sister.

kyubbifox9
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

[OPEN] Out in the Corner in the Pouring Rain - Page 2 Empty Re: [OPEN] Out in the Corner in the Pouring Rain

Post by Pearce Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:23 pm

Ada wasn't the popular type, so she isn't really experienced in talking to people, making conversations with her more about the present than the past or the future. Usually, she would talk about hobbies or opinions, but not really asking about relationships or other people. But an occasional comment left her mouth from time to time.

"Hm, I don't have siblings, so I don't know what to tell you. It must have it's advantages and disadvantages I suppose. Though if I had siblings I wouldn't mind about their diet, just their well being."

Just after making the sentence Ada thought if being healthy actually involved a correct alimentation. Then thought that it was not part of an older sister's job to worry about her sibling's habits. That's what she thought at least.
Pearce
Pearce
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by kyubbifox9 Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:24 pm

"It wasn't all bad at least, she just cared a lot and well I haven't exactly been the perfect picture of health so I didn't blame her"

Shane quickly added in his sister's defense before smiling with his hands behind his head. He always attempted to get to know people but unfortunately his method usually involved bouncing in and out of certain boundaries til he figured out what was safe and what wasn't.

"If ya ever do get a younger sibling, word of advice, tell a few jokes here and there cause ya know laughter's the best medicine after all."

kyubbifox9
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pearce Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:13 pm

Shane's statement made Ada look at him from up to down, then she shrugged, thinking that her muscles were probably more developed than his. But she would never brag about it or make any comments on Shane's athletic habits. However, something she noticed was that he talked in past, causing Ada to raise an eyebrow and make a mental note to not ever talk about Shane's sister ever again. At least for the time being.

At least his next words seemed more bright. If he managed to go through whatever happened to his sister only by laughing, then he must be right. Sort of.

"It's impossible for me to get siblings now, my old man died and mother's kind of spoiled now"

Her parents met past their 40s, and Ada was born some time later, and if she's seventeen now then you can guess her mother isn't as beautiful as in her twenties.
Pearce
Pearce
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by kyubbifox9 Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:04 am

Shane was thankful he could handle that mention of his sister without breaking down, but he figured neither her or Ada would've liked that so he just grinned instead. Focus on happy, ignore the sad was his sometimes crushing motto. He was alright until he heard her response.

"Oh uh sorry to hear that.."

He then awkwardly rubbed the back of his head as he looked over at her, she didn't seem distraught or at least hid it well, so he hoped he didn't screw up that much. He glanced away in thought before snapping his fingers and smiling slightly.

"well a sibling doesn't need to be blood related at least, I don't think so, could just be someone really close...I uh don't know just uh forget I said that hehehe."

kyubbifox9
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pearce Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:49 pm

Ada didn't mind talking about her family. Her mother was just getting old and she kind of despised her father, so there's nothing wrong with it. For her, at least.

"It's nothing, that old sot was a jerk. He treated mother and I like his work maids"

Then, the sentence Shane said was contradictory by itself for Ada's opinion. The term "sibling" would be eliminated if the person is not blood related. Either way, the idea of having someone as close as a sibling was kind of impossible for her. Of course if that happened then she would take care of her family but for now...
She shrugged after Shane told her to forget what he said and opened the main building's door, crossing to the other side and holding the door open for Shane.
Pearce
Pearce
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by kyubbifox9 Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:16 pm

"Dick.."

Shane quickly muttered when he heard her reply, slight anger overtaking his features for a moment. It didn't take long for his anger to dissipate but he was still annoyed. He hated when families were wrongly treated. He quickly glanced over with a small smile after going through the opened door.

"Thank you kindly madame."

He punctuated the statement with a mock bow and grin.

kyubbifox9
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pearce Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:57 am

"Heh" that was the closest thing Ada had as a laugh.

She closed the door and reached up to Shane, slipping her hands into her pockets and walking calmly, enjoying the scent of the garden's wet dirt. One of those things that smelled good without a reason. Ada didn't know what else to talk about, so she just walked in silence to the main gate, glancing up to the half moon. She crossed the open gate in silence, muttering something.

"What a lack of security. But even for thieves, stealing from a school for the disabled is being a complete jerk" she said while trying to remember where was the convenience store. It was a block away.

Pearce
Pearce
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by kyubbifox9 Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:23 am

Shane hoped his little fist bump, celebrating the fact the he got a laugh out of her, wasn't obvious. He didn't mind the silence either, figuring she kinda enjoyed and he did like the smell, reminded him a bit of how his sister described Ireland.

"Everyone has standards, no matter how low they may be, but stealing from us would seem to be too low for anyone reasonable...besides what would they take, I don't think my leg would sell much on the black market."

He let out a snicker at the thought of someone running with his prosthetic and attempting to sell it on the black market.

kyubbifox9
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pearce Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:10 pm

Well, Ada knew one thing thus far. She would never get to be as funny as Shane, not even half as funny. So she settled on her own way to fraternize with people, by talking about anything. This time, she made a half grin and rolled her eyes at his comment.

"Heh heh. But hearing devices are actually pretty expensive, so..." she thought about joking, but nothing came to her mind.

Ada began walking to the convenience store, looking up to what she could see of the big neon signs, or the lights from the big buildings. She crossed the street and walked to the store, taking out her shopping list and carefully cutting it in a half with her hands, handing a piece to Shane.

"Alright, you take that one and I'll take this one. When you're done, stay in the cashier and wait for me"
Pearce
Pearce
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by kyubbifox9 Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:59 pm

"Better keep an ear out for thieves then."

Shane's own smile widen and became brighter with every smirk and heh he got from her. He didn't care if she couldn't match his jokes or laugh like he did, long as she gave him some sign she wasn't annoyed by him, he was happy.

"Alrighty I think I can handle this"

He took a basket with the list and searched around for ingredients, occasionally grabbing one or two items for himself.

kyubbifox9
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pearce Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:27 pm

Ada chuckled slightly at his joke, crossing her arms and forming a half smirk.
"You can't be serious" she decided to leave it at that.

Then she entered the store and grabbed a basket, selecting the things she needed pretty quickly, given she used to buy there everytime she needed something, so she already knew where to find everything. The basket slowly became more heavy and she knew she made the right decision when she allowed Shane to help her. Of course she could always make two trips, but she was too lazy to do that.

Fortunately, the store was pretty much empty so she walked to the cashier and waited for Shane, paying and eating some bubblegum in the meanwhile, laying on the counter.
Pearce
Pearce
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by kyubbifox9 Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:14 pm

Shane practically had a skip in his right step when he had hear her chuckle and quickly moved along the pick up ingredients, slowly removing items he picked for himself as it became heavier and heavier. When he was finished, he had to resist the urge to drag it as he was reaching the counter

"I feel like bloody flippin atlas, can't believe this is only half."

He grinned before moving behind to pay for the items he did keep on him, a pair of soda cans which quickly disappeared into his jacket pockets after they were paid for.

kyubbifox9
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pearce Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:11 am

Ada looked up to the ceiling and then decided it was better to start checking the things on the cashier, and she turned to see Shane struggle with the basket as she was grabbing a carton of milk and placing it on the counter.

"Yes, it is. And I buy all of these twice a month, believe it or not" She wasn't trying to brag, just making a casual comment

Quickly, she organized the shoppings in eight plastic bags and paid for all the food that belonged to her, which was almost everything. She thought that the best way to take all this was for Shane and Ada to carry four bags each, two in each hand. She paired a heavy with a light one on each of her hands and picked them up, turning to Shane.

"Can you help me with those? Just follow me to my apartment block" she said while crossing the exit.
Pearce
Pearce
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by kyubbifox9 Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:36 am

Shane's jaw practically hit the floor at her comment. He shook his head before grinning.

"You are one hell of a girl, now I'm extremely thankful you didn't think I was a perv"

He chuckled a bit while grabbing two bags in each hand. He was slightly embarrassed at being thankful that she could carry half, as he didn't think he could carry more than the four bags. Maybe he should've taken the staff's advice and used the gym a little more. Though if he kept up shopping like this, maybe he wouldn't have to even use the gym.

"Sure, lead the way."

He replied while quickly catching up to her at the exit.

"Soooooo, got a fave like dish to make?"

kyubbifox9
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pearce Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:42 am

"Umm, thanks I guess?" Ada isn't used to receive compliments, if that was meant to be one. So she just left it at that.

She waited for Shane before setting off to the apartment block, which was some blocks away. Overall she handles english correctly, but there were some things that still she didn´t understand, given that she was born in Quebec so she was raised to speak French. Though she had no accent.

"Sorry, I... grew up in Quebec so I don't handle english that good. Sorry just..."

Ada felt terrible, not being able to keep up a conversation. Strangely, her face twitched slightly, denoting just a little bit of sadness. She knew it, so she lowered her head.
Pearce
Pearce
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by kyubbifox9 Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:51 am

Shane looked over at her with some concern, he figured getting a heh equaled full blown laughter with her and by that logic this slight awkwardness meant a lot more. He was smiling and going to attempt another joke but stopped when he heard her apologize. He actually thought she was just not used to talking but this made sense, even so. He couldn't waving his hands in slight nervousness, despite the bags around his arms.

"Hey, hey, hey don't be sorry, not your fault that english isn't your first language, hell I've heard it's hardest language to learn so it's alright."

He then ducked his head, just a little bit, so he could smile brightly up at her

"And if it's any consolation, I think you speak it wonderfully."

kyubbifox9
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pearce Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:24 pm

Her sudden sadness reminded her that even she felt lonely at times. Her terrible social skills really get to her at times. She thought it was ironic how everyone had different yet the same problems. His attempt at saying english was the hardest lenguage didn't make any effects on her, because she read somewhere that it was actually the easiest. Though his second try cheered her up.

"Thank you" she smiled to him just slightly.

Ada realized it was the first time she smiled sincerely in weeks. That rarity and her usual self is what made her smile that of special, even though she considers it creepy. After that, she just kept walking, visualizing the building a couple of blocks away.
Pearce
Pearce
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by kyubbifox9 Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:54 pm

Now Shane was bouncing along the sidewalk, in spite of his sore leg, after seeing her return that small smile. Laughing, grins, and the like he knew, from personal experience, could be faked but a smile like that was one he always wanted to see on people's faces. It helped cure his own sadness a little, knowing he could cheer someone else up like that.

"It's no problem at all"

He replied with a gentle smile of his own, one that only appeared in response to hers.

kyubbifox9
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pearce Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:24 pm

Ada's smile didn't last for too long, it never did. It faded away in some seconds and she returned to her usual expression, and usual stance. She felt too ashamed to talk about something else, but she made the try after crossing the first block.

"Thank you for helping me with this. If you ever need someting, tell me"

It may be considered just a favor but Shane actually bothered to help her with the shoppings, and considering how big the list was then it was a great help.
Pearce
Pearce
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by kyubbifox9 Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:55 pm

Shane rubbed the back of his head, despite the bags, and smiled a bit embarrassed.
"Hey again like I said it was no prob, I owed ya for helping me when I fell plus I mean what are friends for."

He was kinda nervous bout admitting it but he really did consider her a friend, she had put up his with jokes and even humored him a bit. He felt a bit more comfortable as a smirk popped up onto his face because of his little joke before he looked at her again.

"And it's kind of a good exercise, but that's just me carrying half, still can't believe you carry both of these twice a months. So uh if you need help I don't mind."

He left the offer open to general help as well. Shane assumed people at the school had a lot of personal issues besides their disability, and if he could help someone when they're down by listening, making a joke or carrying some bags, then he'd do it without a second thought. Just like his sister taught him.

kyubbifox9
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pearce Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:43 pm

Ada looked at him and then looked somewhere else before shrugging. Friends?... well, one could say that the events of that day called them friends, or at least acquaintances. But she wasn't bothered by him being around, being honest.

He offered his help, but she took it as if she ever needed help with her shoppings, he would lend her a hand. She didn't thought he meant general help. Ada didn't consider she needed help for anything, really.

"Meh, I'm used to it. But today I was feeling kind of tired. Anyways, I usually take two trips and if I did the same today it would've been closed after I return"
Pearce
Pearce
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by kyubbifox9 Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:14 pm

Shane looked at the look and shrug, he hoped and took it as a yes, they were friends. He brought her a few hehs and she brought him back down from where ever his mind decided to take him.

"Well guess it was good thing you decided on playing guitar then, otherwise you'd be cooking with only one page worth instead two and with a lot fewer laughs as well."

He threw a grin her way as he said this.

kyubbifox9
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pearce Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:16 pm

Ada looked at him and made a half grin as she answered

"I guess"

Well, certainly on that day Ada "laughed" more than in other days, and besides the help she received was pretty appreciated. She crossed the street to where the apartment building was at the end of the street. Looking up, she remembered a song that kind of fitted the situation.

"Blackbird singing in the dead of night...take these broken wings and learn to fly"

Ada felt it was something like a motivation message, or a barrier to keep the negative feelings and thoughts away from them.
Pearce
Pearce
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by kyubbifox9 Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:12 pm

Shane's grin turned into a small smile when heard the lyrics and quickly began to whistle a little bit of the tune before continuing.

"All your liiife... you were only waiting for this moment to arise."

He moved his head right and left, bouncing it a metronome to the song. She certainly appreciated the White Album, he thought to himself, wouldn't be shocked if she knew how to play the whole album on guitar.

kyubbifox9
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next